What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idiocy combined with stubbornness is a dangerous combination in any workplace.

At one of my early jobs, I worked on a project for the VP. He asked me to have the project done a certain way and I told him it was wrong.

He got mad at me despite my trying to reason with him and finally said "Look, I'm the boss here, so you listen to what I'm saying, stop arguing and just do it!"

A month later I got called into his office and he was mad, asking me why I did such and such when it was wrong.

I reminded him "you ordered me to do it even though I told you it was wrong!"

His response: "You should've known better than to listen to me!"

I had to agree with him on that!
Ya can't win for losin'.../smh

Yep, I was just commenting on the fact that he gets after you for telling him he's wrong, then gets after you for doing it his way after that. /smh
I think that last part was just his way of dealing with the frustration and the realizations that: 1) he was at fault and 2) he was wrong and 3) I was right.

I didn't mention it, but this error had cost the company thousands of dollars (maybe into the teens back in the 90s) and they were a small company at the time, so it was a pretty big mess.

To be fair, each of us has probably had similar moments where we were 100% sure that we are right, but later proven wrong. Very humbling and I learned from those experiences.

Got ready for an anticipated 300 mm (11.8”) of rain this week.

Moved water from near full tanks to near empty ones.

Removed overburden of fruit on a cumquat tree before pruning it. I know you aren’t meant to prune citrus when fruiting, but that’s most of the year for us.

Just over 7 kg (15.4 lb) just from the branches to be pruned. Probably one and a half times that much still on the tree.

IMG_6409.jpeg

Someone will make marmalade. Hopefully.

That’s about half the collection. I’m not going to talk about the lemons…

Came home to check if the plumbers had got the taps in our ensuite in the incorrect locations. Disappointed, but not surprised. Third move, and not the last. They have lined up the spout with the sink drain, but we have asked for the middle of the cover plate to line up with the drains. Let's see what happens with tomorrow's attempt.

I have created some templates and 3D printed them to help with the alignment. I have also notched out the stud where it needs to move into (they seem lazy). I also clipped the mains wires that they had left draping across the tapware. It now confirms to AS3000 and is safe.
20240701_201305.jpg
The whole tap assembly needs to move 65mm left, so the central hole lines up with the vertical line. There are two of these.

Last edited:
I am!!!! I nail corned beef, but destroy brisket. It is mega frustrating to convert a $75 piece of meat to filler for stew. . . not sure I'll try again -just stick to pork, chicken, jalapenos and corned beef for a while.

A Chuck roast can be a decent stand-in for brisket for a much lower price, and it also smokes quicker. I made on recently with a rack of spare ribs and it turned out really good. Brisket really likes low temps. I usually use a simple a rub with a little heat in it and smoke at 225 with charcoal and a few chunks of cherry wood. I don't inject it with anything or wrap it with anything. I do brush a mop sauce on during the cook to keep it moist. It can take 16 or 18 hours, maybe even longer for it hit 203. Start probing the meat for tenderness around 195. The other thing with brisket is to slice against the grain for the most tender slices.

A Chuck roast can be a decent stand-in for brisket for a much lower price, and it also smokes quicker. I made on recently with a rack of spare ribs and it turned out really good. Brisket really likes low temps. I usually use a simple a rub with a little heat in it and smoke at 225 with charcoal and a few chunks of cherry wood. I don't inject it with anything or wrap it with anything. I do brush a mop sauce on during the cook to keep it moist. It can take 16 or 18 hours, maybe even longer for it hit 203. Start probing the meat for tenderness around 195. The other thing with brisket is to slice against the grain for the most tender slices.
I'll try a chuck just to get my feet wet on beef again. Thank you for the suggestions!

Back