Limited Run 4" Colonial Viper

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the #1 rule can change depending on the value of your rocket.

#1A: Ensure it's attached. I've seen at least one fall free of the rocket and have heard of others losing theirs. Becomes a very pricey one-time chute release!

And doubt that you attached the JLCR then go back to check again... :)

Bring your phone, and photograph it attached and turned on before leaving the pad. If you have any doubts, look at the picture you just took.

I started doing this and photographing the internal wiring of my av-bays because I kept having those niggling doubts too while it was out on the pad.

Bring your phone, and photograph it attached and turned on before leaving the pad. If you have any doubts, look at the picture you just took.

I started doing this and photographing the internal wiring of my av-bays because I kept having those niggling doubts too while it was out on the pad.
That's a great practice... if you can be disciplined about remembering to do it. It's sort of like the last item on every checklist: REVIEW THE CHECKLIST. :)

I was asked a couple times at LDRS if I would do the Colonial Viper kit again. I am going to do a Preorder Limited Run. I will only be making what is ordered, so if you ever wanted this kit do not miss out.

I will be taking orders till 6/21. Kits will start shipping 14 to 21 days after 6/21. They may ship sooner depending on how fast all materials get here.

Follow the link below to place your order.
https://dragonrocketry.com/products/4-bsg-colonial-viper
Are there any pictures of a completed one? Does it have a cockpit?

Are there any pictures of a completed one? Does it have a cockpit?
I do not have a picture of mine painter but here it is assembled. It does have the cockpit.

IMG_1249.jpg

Now you guys got me thinking about making one too! 😆
Inspiration unlock achieved!

But then, how are your rocketeer buddies supposed to troll you at the LC? 😝

Only a couple more days left to order one of these bad boys. Don't miss out.

One more day left. I will be closing the orders sometime around 10pm est tomorrow night.

Okay, I ordered it. Might be a year before I get to build it though. I still have a second 4" Fatboy sitting in it's packaging.

OMG!!!! I have been away and MISSED this! NOOOOooooooo!!! So sad, I have been wanting this since I first saw this months ago!

Any chance of getting in late? Or anyone want to sell theirs!

I ended up giving them to kids because they liked it and mom and dad would not get them one. This is not one of my favorite kits so giving them away was no big deal. I may build one this time and keep it, but it will be a modified version of this kit.
Hey Scott! Now I am VERY curious, you say this is not your favorite, as the person making these amazing kits, what is your top ranking kit? 🤔

Is it ready to ship yet? 😆
Buck Rogers Robot GIF

Not even close!!!!
Bidi bidi bidi! We got the ORIGINAL viper, Buck! We want the original viper!!!
Seriously, this is very cool but way beyond my price range, skill/cert level, and launch limitations.
I'm looking forward to the build threads and launch reports! :)

KIt update. The last of the materials will be here today. Was waiting on the lumber order. I will be lasering parts tonight and tomorrow. Kits will start going out next week as I get them boxed up. A few kits have already gone out that I did with what materials I had on hand.

I want to thank everyone that has supported me. This kit sold way better than I expected.

Back