Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Nevada it's $20 for each mile an hour over. I have run radar detectors for the 33 years we have lived here. With the wide open spaces you better move along or it will take to next week to get there. I have a Uniden R3 in the Explorer and another in the Mustang. They work great. The only time I have seen a laser used I got the alert before I saw the cop and slowed down. The guy behind me passed me clipping right along and got stopped. Now, that was funny.

In Nevada it's $20 for each mile an hour over. I have run radar detectors for the 33 years we have lived here. With the wide open spaces you better move along or it will take to next week to get there. I have a Uniden R3 in the Explorer and another in the Mustang. They work great. The only time I have seen a laser used I got the alert before I saw the cop and slowed down. The guy behind me passed me clipping right along and got stopped. Now, that was funny.
We were just in Las Vegas for 3 weeks and did a week road trip to/from San Diego while there to visit our daughter. Speed limit along the 15 was posted between 65 and 70......but if you weren't doing at least 85 in the slow lane, you were getting your doors blown off.

Often times, the wolf packs of 85+ drivers were lead by or mixed in with highway patrol, Nevada side and Cali side. Very strange.

And good luck maintaining 65 on the 8% downward slope into Cali without burning out your brakes!!! About every other truck run out area had a truck in it with smoking brakes. Yikes!

Not sure what it takes to get a speeding ticket in Nevada or Cali, at least between Vegas and Barstow (where all the hell begins and it's virtually impossible to speed because of traffic congestion)!

Last edited:
My first ticket you will know exactly where it happened. At MHAFB. As you go by the Jr High, at least in my time there during the summer the sprinkler system sprayed part of the road as you approached the main gate. Summer day went through the water and started to accelerate to go through the gate back to Mtn. Home. I got pulled over by the SP, (stupid police) and was issued a citation for excessive speed under adverse conditions. Under that he wrote 26 MPH in posted 25 MPH with wet pavement. Yeah. Dad was livid, he told me if I got another ticket HE had to go to drivers school and that WASN'T going to happen! He then read the ticket, and said exactly what I did. SP stands for "stupid police."
The first real ticket was at the top of that first hill outside of Boise on the way to Mtn. Home. I topped the hill doing 113 MPH saw the skunk car sitting there and just coasted to a stop. $335 ticket. I was saved because he wrote it as a preposted 70 MPH zone. (this was just after most speed limits were dropped to 55MPH.

Hmmm.... A couple of years ago, I got a ticket on Hwy 95 just north of Tonopah. I had forgotten my V1. I was going about 110, when I saw the cop. Jammed on the brakes, but he got me at 85. Said he knew I was going considerably faster, but he gave me a break and wrote the ticket for 75mph in a 65 zone. It was only $75, and he said if I went to the state website and paid online within a couple of weeks, it would not go on my driving record.

Hans.

I used to have a lot of fun on I-84 headed to Mt Home with my brake light tester back when the cops mostly used 10 GHz radar.

Back