You might be a child in the 70s if:

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1975 Chrysler Cordoba.

I test drove a couple in college. One was a deep dark blue metallic with a matching vinyl roof and Velour interior that was like sitting on the couch. It was a 400 4bbl and bogged down as soon as you dropped the "hammer". Just a piece of junk. The other was yellow with a white interior and vinyl roof. It had a 318, so it would have been more economical, but it just didn't hit me in the feels. I wound up with a '79 Horizon that my friends all made fun of until they realized it could seat 5 and still get 35mpg.

Two thumbs down

6 pack of 6% Rainier Ale 16oz cans - 2 thumbs up!
Raineeeerrrrr Beeeerrrr. oh my goodness that stuff was terrible. I was stationed in WA state in mid 80s and late 90s and recall that Ranier Beer commercial sounding like a motorcycle. Forgot about stuff. It made NY State “Utica Club and Genesse Cream Ale. Blah beer

I test drove a couple in college. One was a deep dark blue metallic with a matching vinyl roof and Velour interior that was like sitting on the couch. It was a 400 4bbl and bogged down as soon as you dropped the "hammer". Just a piece of junk. The other was yellow with a white interior and vinyl roof. It had a 318, so it would have been more economical, but it just didn't hit me in the feels. I wound up with a '79 Horizon that my friends all made fun of until they realized it could seat 5 and still get 35mpg.
I remember those cars. I liked em. We had a Chrysler Newport Custom. Took road test in it. Never been able to ace parallel parking like I did that day in 77. 🤣.

When I was in my Jr High rocketry club, that's how we got to our launch site (a vineyard about 30 miles away). We'd all pack into the back of a couple of pickup trucks with out gear, on the freeway. Nobody thought for a second about it... although the pickup truck with a shell was a coveted spot just because you didn't have to hold your stuff down the whole time.

I used to use PIP in the RSX-11M+ OS of our tram and bus tracking system back in the late 80's.
We had a consultant IT Manager who got the PIP switches wrong... he wanted to rename a file in the database directory but he typed PIP /ZE a.a b.b instead of PIP /RE a.a b.b. If you've used PIP, you know what that did... he was fired the next day after our software vendor figured it out.

I had an exam in 6th period my senior year and left my calculator on the desk when the bell rang. I was almost at the bottom of the stairs when I realized that I'd forgotten it and turned around to go get it. Just then it hit the concrete landing next to me.
Late in my college years pretty much all engineering students owned calculators. Someone in one of my classes had an old non-functional calculator that he had partially disassembled. At final exam time he would watch the time on his watch and just before the bell he would run down the hall and into the exam room, drop this calculator and watch it bounce across the floor and break into multiple pieces. Then he would pick up the pieces with a look on his face like he was about to fail. He did this in one of my classes and the instructor hardly paid any attention to him, then looked like he might have a hint of compassion but ultimately he didn't see it as very funny.

Back