How about an RC BatPlane, convert it to rocket power?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prfesser

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
An RC Bat Plane, uses an internal ducted fan for propulsion. I see a rocket that's just waiting for a rocket motor. Probably a lot of work to get it to fly right, but I could see someone (not me) doing an upscale in the future. Maybe not an upscale, the second image shows that it's pretty large. Maybe with an H13?

BatPlane.jpg

BatPlane02.jpg

It might be a good prop for an instructional video about flutter. If not, suggest low speeds and stiff materials.

CP is pretty far forward on disk shaped wings so getting cg is problematic especially with a rear mounted motor, my solution was to just paint the shape to keep the wing strong and use a foreward motor.426706-624c47152925fe51a86781b1485acc27.jpeg

Last edited:
Cg is pretty far forward on disk shaped wings so getting cg is problematic especially with a rear mounted motor, my solution was to just paint the shape to keep the wing strong and use a foreward motor.View attachment 651314
I believe you mean Cp is pretty far forward?

Yup, that's why I noted the stability probe. It's one way to get the Cg far enough ahead of the Cp in this without using a ridiculous amount of nose weight. Forward tractor motor is a good alternative.

Cool model you have!

I believe you mean Cp is pretty far forward?

Yup, that's why I noted the stability probe. It's one way to get the Cg far enough ahead of the Cp in this without using a ridiculous amount of nose weight. Forward tractor motor is a good alternative.

Cool model you have!
Yes, I also did one like this...Sort of inspired by the long batmobile of the Michael Keaton era and the batplane fins

Last edited:
Back