Wildman Acquiring Composite warehouse Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, no worries. In my renewed research I just discovered that even the 3" is more suited for high power motors. I guess I'll start designing a 3" for mid-power in OR and see what it has to say.

Thanks,
-Bob

It is easy to see though if you use a flashlight good sir. I use some cheap Harbor Freight flat led lights inside the parts to inspect the quality of bonds. I like whatever color is cost effective for Tim so he can pass the savings on to his loyal customers.

... and when it has to be lit from the outside?

... and when it has to be lit from the outside?
Same answer, flashlight. I did this today on my level 3 build. Please see the photo where you can see the bonded fin root through the body tube and motor tube. I’m also not sure why you’re stuck or not stuck on this subject. 😂

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I will agree you can see the bond on both colors of tubing.
Especially if you dye the epoxy.

I will also agree that the untinted tube is easier to see thru.

I also really really like the red from wildman.

This is the 1st untinted fiberglass rocket I have built, it really is much easier to see. I feel alot more comfortable that nothing was missed. So much so that I will dye the internal epoxy black, walnut, or blue on the other 2 red tube kits I have to build.

I can learn something from almost everyone here.

Attachments

• 20240513_211222.jpg
    20240513_211222.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240515_073912.jpg
    20240515_073912.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240516_094830.jpg
    20240516_094830.jpg
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240516_094551.jpg
    20240516_094551.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Same answer, flashlight. I did this today on my level 3 build. Please see the photo where you can see the bonded fin root through the body tube and motor tube. I’m also not sure why you’re stuck or not stuck on this subject. 😂
You are still using a light on the other side of the tube.

You are still using a light on the other side of the tube.
There ya go
1718195596776.jpeg

Again I’m not sure why this is so important to you and Tim will sell you that color for an extra price. It all comes down to your priorities. I don’t care about tube color unless it’s a specific naked build but to each their own. I understand letting the vendor know your preference but at the end of the day it is a business cost to demand that has to be worked out so the vendor can make a profit thus staying in business.

OMG, Tim would've probably been done with setup and making kits already if he did not have to answer all the comments about 2 people wanting, natural, organic, not tinted, undyed, clear, colorless, plain tubing. I say lets leave him to work. I want new kits available before black Friday.

OMG, Tim would've probably been done with setup and making kits already if he did not have to answer all the comments about 2 people wanting, natural, organic, not tinted, undyed, clear, colorless, plain tubing. I say lets leave him to work. I want new kits available before black Friday.
+1

Back