the Fluctus flight computer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the BT version of Steady, I suggest means to prevent the antenna from breaking off when it is carried in a pocket for the 2km trek out to rocket in the desert and back. This is a typical Saturday launch day for me. I definitely get more than my 10,000 steps on these days...
Here is one idea:
Mount the antenna on the side (like Featherweight). You could use a kickstand type device to keep Steady on its edge when it is sitting on the prep table, if that is even necessary.

Yep, that's exactly what's planned !
To give you an idea, this new version should be between 2 and 3 times more compact than the current one. That way it should fit in a pocket with the battery just fine.

Yep, that's exactly what's planned !
To give you an idea, this new version should be between 2 and 3 times more compact than the current one. That way it should fit in a pocket with the battery just fine.
I would really like to be able to order just flight computers soon. I have multiple rockets I'd like to use it on. And I'll order the Bluetooth ground station as soon as it's available.

Time for a quick dev update:

I have finished the redesign of the new bluetooth ground station (see picture below).
The station itself is functionally the same as the original version, but incorporates a battery for completely wireless operation, and is almost 3 times more compact in size. The idea is that during a launch, it can be slipped conveniently into a pocket.

1718667843971.png
I should have a first fully working version of this thing by the next week.

I'm also working on the big 1.4 software update, which implements a LOT of changes following your feedback over the last 2 months (many thanks once again!). I still have a lot of testing and development to do, but it should be ready in about a month.

But wait, there's more!
Alongside this update, I'm also actively working on my next product that will benefit from the new ground station.
I won't spoil too much because I'll be presenting it soon, but to sum up:

It's a high-performance, world's smallest GPS rocket tracker, with some very cool features.

This project is called Reperix, and to be honest I'm REALLY excited about it.
Stay tuned!

I would really like to be able to order just flight computers soon. I have multiple rockets I'd like to use it on.

It should be possible on the next batch.

And I'll order the Bluetooth ground station as soon as it's available.

I think I'll send some betatest (but fully working) units soon, let me know if you're interested to having one.

It should be possible on the next batch.

I think I'll send some betatest (but fully working) units soon, let me know if you're interested to having one.
Hi,

I'm flying an L3 rocket on July 27th in California. It'll be a 3-meter rocket with an apogee of 2.8km with dual deployment parachute.
I'm currently holding off on the original Fluctus set because of the wired ground station.
I would love to do a beta test for the new Fluctus ground station and it'll be a great test!

Also, are you including the board simulation option on the new software?

Best,
Josh Ko

Last edited:
Hey,

I'm launching a 120", 6" diameter rocket on an M-class motor later next month. I'll probably include a Blue Raven, Featherweight Tracker, and my own board. I'd be happy to put this alongside and run a test for you. I don't own a Flucuts right now, as I've been waiting for the BT version.

P.S. Any idea when you'll support iOS?

@nasheed-x @JoshKo @jgarbus
Great, I'll contact you as soon as I get some betatest units available for you. (probably in about 3 weeks)

P.S. Any idea when you'll support iOS?
Soon. I still have a bit of work to do for a proper adaptation, but it already works.
I'm just waiting to make the new bluetooth ground station available before finishing and releasing the iOS app, since it doesn't make sense at the moment (you can't connect the actual wired ground station to an iPhone... thanks Apple).

Last edited:
First SteadyBluetooth ground station up and running !

View attachment 652667 View attachment 652668

It fits really nicely in a pocket.

I have also managed to get a working Reperix tracker, and I'll be presenting it very soon...
OMG I can't wait. I already have 1 rocket built just waiting for this, with another two being built.

Can't wait, I still have one in my wildmans cart but I want one of these instead of the older version.. do you happen to know if the next shipment you send them will be the Bluetooth version? Says on their website that's it's considered an in-stock item but they expect delivery in another month

Last edited:
I have a 2 stage Wildman ready for Airfest.

I just finished a 3" Dark Star also for Airfest and if these are ready I'm ordering! Expecting 6800 on a J415W

Can't wait, I still have one in my wildmans cart but I want one of these instead of the older version.. do you happen to know if the next shipment you send them will be the Bluetooth version? Says on their website that's it's considered an in-stock item but they expect delivery in another month

This is a mistake. Wildman still has stock as I speak.

Next batch I send him will have the bluetooth stations for sure (but I don't precisely know when it will happen... expect at least a month and a half).

Would it be possible to put the existing base /PC software in a receive only mode? Thinking it would be nice to leave the base station and laptop sitting at the truck collecting data (receive only) while using the Bluetooth as the TX/RX device for configuration.

Would it be possible to put the existing base /PC software in a receive only mode? Thinking it would be nice to leave the base station and laptop sitting at the truck collecting data (receive only) while using the Bluetooth as the TX/RX device for configuration.
That is a great idea.

I don't really understand, can you explain this with an example ?

Just so we're clear, the new ground station has the exact same function as the old one. It needs to be connected to the PC with the software running on it, for configuration and in-depth control.
AND you can connect it via Bluetooth to a smartphone for conveniency when you are on the launch site, so you don't bother the laptop with you.

The ground station can't do anything on its own beyond relaying a data stream.

I don't really understand, can you explain this with an example ?

Just so we're clear, the new ground station has the exact same function as the old one. It needs to be connected to the PC with the software running on it, for configuration and in-depth control.
AND you can connect it via Bluetooth to a smartphone for conveniency when you are on the launch site, so you don't bother the laptop with you.

The ground station can't do anything on its own beyond relaying a data stream.
Understand the ground station operation.

The current ground station radio is bi direction to be able to read / write to the Fluctus.

Since people are very likely to have both the large base station and the new smaller bluetooth version, the though was to set the larger one up to receiver or just listen to the broadcast from the Fluctus and track what's going on. The read / write functions would only come from the bluetooth base.

As an example, since the eggtimer product is all one way communication, I can set up a base station at my laptop and just leave it to record what's coming accross the RF.

At the same time, I can Cary a handheld device with me and teather to my cell phone.

Understand the ground station operation.

The current ground station radio is bi direction to be able to read / write to the Fluctus.

Since people are very likely to have both the large base station and the new smaller bluetooth version, the though was to set the larger one up to receiver or just listen to the broadcast from the Fluctus and track what's going on. The read / write functions would only come from the bluetooth base.

As an example, since the eggtimer product is all one way communication, I can set up a base station at my laptop and just leave it to record what's coming accross the RF.

At the same time, I can Cary a handheld device with me and teather to my cell phone.

Ohh I see now, thanks for explaining!

So yes, you can already use several ground stations to listen to (and control) a Fluctus, it will work perfectly.
And you can use the bluetooth station with your smartphone to arm and do whatever you want, while the FluctusControlCenter with a classic ground station listen and records on a PC.

Ulyu,

I Just got one of the kits from Wildman.......... It is almost on its way to me

This is not the one: 569539-882253693d89e3476cfc9e7595e7c268.png he would have for sale yet ??

It would still be the older, original base station model ....correct ?

I just got my Flight Computer System ...............
And yes its true I have VERY little experience with using Electronics.... (That will change)
I HAVE to say after getting mine today, and updating Firmware & playing with it for 2 hours ...

Fluctus System.jpg
This Fluctus System is COOL as **** !!!!!

Why won't it let me spell the word Sh!t ??

Back