3D Printing What Are You Printing Today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huzzah!!! I am printing on my T300 again! The slow boat from China finally docked and the board is in. Printing a test for my upcoming Patriot Extreme Builder's Kit. I still have a few things to tweak like the camera and some other quality of life setting but I feel like I was just rescued from a desert island.

Here's a taste of what's to come:
1719283903145.png

1719283999598.png

Printed a few fins. Wh Wh, Wh Rd, Wh Gn

pro-kqGcAECD.jpeg
Corners cut out on FG cloth to give easy visible alignment of fin halves. Painted both sides of FG cloth of with ABS slush, half fin painted and pushed into slushed cloth aligning with cutout, turnover, paint other fin half with slush, laminate with a few clothespegs.

pro-9dAya5PW.jpegpro-wnOAMyZP.jpeg
Bottom of cloth cut at intervals and half each way.
pro-Irz6yA6L.jpeg
You can use epoxy resin, but the ABS slush bonds better and is lighter once the acetone leaves. Evaporation takes at least a week in a warm room.

Last edited:
Printed new nosecone for Large Whistling Red Max and new set of whistles after a bad landing on concrete pathway.....ABS slush and fiberglass inside nosecone, new bulkhead and retaining ring.

Some new baffles a stainless scouring pad between rings. Glued with ABS slush and a long...... brush....
1000001870.jpg1000001864.jpg
1000001860.jpg1000001863.jpg

Attachments

• 1000001859.jpg
    1000001859.jpg
    669 KB · Views: 0
Printed the 160 dia nosecone in ABS. Using the default settings on Bambu P1S. No support. The faceted result is by design, not just a bad setting....
1000001867.jpg

There were a couple of minor issues. Dropped a single run of the wall at the body tube overhang. It picked up ok on the next layer. Easily fixed with some ABS slush after printing.
1000001868.jpg
The print externally fully completed, internally there was a bit of loosness at the internal tip. The external finish was good. Again, easily fixed with a quick paint with ABS slush.
1000001865.jpg
After sitting for a couple of days, one minor delamination crack on the external surface appeared. Easily fixed with a coat externally of ABS slush.
I was using a 1" brush for all this slush painting.....
1000001866.jpg
Overall, considering this was my 2nd print on the Bambu, was massive and especially as it was in ABS (which shrinks so much, it wants to tear itself apart as it cools), the results are fantastic for out-of-the-box printer settings. Very happy with the Bambu P1S.

Last edited:
Back