May Best Rocket Competition

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my last minute entry. My 6yro boy named this tube fin Ready 4 Action. It's 100% scratch built from 2" mailing tubes from the laminated hand cut balsa centering rings, to couplers, hand formed nose cone and everything else other than kevlar recovery, parachute and 29mm motor tube. It will still be receiving a zipperless baffle design but has flown once in its current configuration. The nose cone is affixed with three aluminum screws in case I need to add some weight for the longest 29mm configuration. I have decided that I will attempt my L1 in either September or the GHS launch in October with this model despite having other capaple kit rockets in the build pile. There's just something about doing it all on your own. It is dual deploy capable at this time should I choose to go that route over the summer. Sure would be nice to get that L1 Cert with a purty paint job and some vinyl.

Included are two pictures prior to it's first flight and a short video of it's first and only flight on a G33-7J, no damage. The drag race was merely because we both built these out of the same mailing tubes. I'm not sure how to get the video to play directly from photobucket but it should open.

DSC03172.jpg

0425091505[1].jpg

Last edited:
WOW! If my math is right and I can count, it looks like we have 11 entries so far! :D This is going to be fun! Oh boy, going to take 2 polls! Polls will be populated by rockets in the order of their entry..Both polls should be weighted the same, meaning those in poll #1 are not any better then those in poll #2..We will take the top vote getter from each poll and have a duel to the finish! Unless of course Mark decides that the top voter getter from the 2 polls are co-winners and awards 2 prizes...I would like to see at leat one more entry to make it an even 12 so the polls are equal!
You have a little less then 24 hours!:D

Last few hours remaining..... Seems like a good idea.

I'll put up 2$30.00 prizes!!!! to the number one of two polls!:jaw:

thanks for playing guys (and ladies)

Oops! Didn't make it. Oh, well. Maybe next month. No worries.

Back