OFFICIAL LDRS 42- urrg.us

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morgan2521

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
LDRS 42 Official Thread
g5ksXuScmoFCyBaAsVKoY2AtdfZRKPRjtnLJ4NOvd-rD9rV5jOp65X5swPt65SRBjkMGgJuRxV28RYm8V6BmXpDdLgXijrn2uTEgFNcNVSVlFDw7IzFwC7LHYOPrQhFghn8R66HxP6ddHF6XrXtkJL8pFfnktzP11HrsHaYui813TEHd6ryjdPDbV65FJg

The Upstate Research Rocketry Group Presents
LDRS 42 “Don’t Panic”
June 6-9, 2024

Torrey Farms, Potter NY - The largest recovery area in the Northeast

LDRS 42 registration is now open at https://urrg.us

The URRG Board of Directors has worked all summer and fall to bring you the very best experience; LDRS 42 will feature more launch pads than you can count, a full blown NY pig roast banquet (alternate options available) on Saturday evening with a special guest speaker, vendors, food, and the best that rocketry has to offer.

Details, Details, Details

The Field
42.703049, -77.19066

LDRS will be held Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday June 6-9, 2024
The launch field will open daily at 9 am and will close at 4 daily except Saturday when the field will close at 3 to prepare for the banquet

Launch pads - you will find a right-side bank ,a left-side bank, and away cells for those big projects. We have rails to accommodate everything from micro buttons to uni-strut, and ⅛” through ¼” rods.

Host Hotel

Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites

142 Lake St, Penn Yan, NY 14527
(315) 536-8473
Use Code LDRS 42 when reserving a room - Reserve early these rooms will go quickly

Banquet

Valley Inn

2862 Guyanoga Rd, Branchport, NY 14418

This year's banquet will be a full blown NYS pig roast. Other options will be available.
TRA annual meeting will be held immediately following dinner. (Fingers Crossed) Woody Hoburg , NASA astronaut and TRA Lifetime award winner, will be our special guest.

VOLUNTEER

Many Hands make light work

When you register for LDRS please pick up a volunteer shift or two.
Volunteer opportunities are available for everyone from the most novice of rocketeers to the most experienced.
Volunteer shifts are 2 hours and run throughout the day. Opportunities and descriptions can be found at registration,
For each volunteer shift you work your name will be entered into a volunteer ONLY raffle for some great prizes

Vendors

Visit some of the best Vendor in Rocketry

One Bad Hawk Recovery
Wildman
Performance Hobbies
MAC Performance
Chris' Rocket Supplies
Flis Kits
SC Precision

As we get confirmation from the vendors we will update the list

Raffle Prizes

Raffle tickets will be 15 /$10 presale and $1 each on the field
URRG will have the BEST raffle prizes.
Check back for more info. Urrg.us

SWAG
Check out the swag store!
Get your t-shirts, patches, stickers and more. Limited quantities will be available on the field.

BFR

If you plan to fly a BFR please fill out the BFR form on the website.

LUNCH

There will be food vendors on the field daily. More information to follow.

Have questions? Email the URRG BOD at [email protected] or [email protected]

Follow us
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/URRGRockets
Instagram urrg_3.2.1
https://urrg.us

Last edited:
Looking forward to this. Will have to check out the website for fee schedule

The urrg.us web site should be hyperlinked.

The email address for outreach@urrg. is incomplete and should also be hyperlinked.

Last edited:
Do we reserve our spot during the registration process as was done in previous LDRS's at Potter? Or do we pick our spot when we arrive at the field?

Thanks!
-Rich

Hi Rich. This time other then the vendors and some BFR Flyers most of the sites will be first come first serve. The sites will be marked out 15ft by 45 ft to allow for a tent and parking behind it. There will be three rows the front line and two behind, We will have a designated place for spectator parking.

Is there a vendor registration area? Not finding anything on the site.

Will experimental motors be allowed as long as the rocket doesn't go above the flight ceiling?

I am concerned that there are so many people I'm going to want to meet that I won't have time to do any rocket stuff.

Only half joking.
That's kind of my fear also. We're staying at The Finger Lakes Campground about 25 minutes from the launch site. It was the closest campground with full hook ups, and that is only in the Cabernet Loop area. All the roads in the campground are named for wines since the finger lakes area is the wine area in NY. We're getting there a couple days early and staying a few days after so we can check out the area and all the wineries. I believe there are more then 50 wineries around Seneca Lake alone.

Hit enough wineries and you won’t *care* about the rocket stuff. 😉
That is probably true! The wineries and site seeing is primarily for the better half. She tolerates the rockets because we can travel. LDRS41 was only 4 days out of a six week RV trip, so she's happy. Hoping to get west of the Mississippi over the next few years so I can get in some really high flights.

What are the lengths of the 1010 and 1515 rails at URRG? Thanks!
we have 6.6 ft, 8 ft and couple 10 ft 10-10s we have 8 ft 10 ft 12 ft and 20 ft 15-15s also Unistrut 8 ft 10 ft and 20 ft. also mini micro and rods of different sizes we may have more I forgot to list.

Back