Hi from Western Australia

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEEROY34

Reaction score
G'Day from WA, newbie to the forums here. Been a rocket nut for a while now.
Im always chasing info for my mostly Estes rocket kits, mostly for finishing options. I do like an alternate paint scheme here and there.
I only have a low powered license (Tripoli) but i enjoy the smaller fun rockets tbh. Faster builds mean more launches.

Im here as Im looking for help finishing the FOAM parts of the MIRV kit - (2 stager, splits into 3 rockets). i did see a thread but the guy who built it had used tape.
Im going to use water based acrylic (not sure to air brush or just hand paint it) so just seeing if that'll hold up with a clear coat over the top or not? Ive only used enamel spray cans on other builds and cant for this as its the spray elements that eat the foam (yes even acrylic paint spray cans)
Thanks to anyone for any tips/ help, Cheers.

Im a bit of a kit basher and have the following in my launch lineup:
Mirv, Firehawk, Astrocam, Antar, Crossfire, Heatseeker, Loadstar 2, Amazon, Doorknob, Air Show,
Starhopper, Swift, Nike Arrow, X-Ray, High Flyer, High Flyer XL, Chuter Two, Proton Probe, Eagle, Gnome, Bullet Bobby.
I do own a 3m Frenzy XL as a launch goal.

I also enjoy bottle rockets, have a few replicas, my Falcon Heavy is a beast and the best one imo being my " Bobs your Uncle" a home made upscaled Bullet Bobby with 3d Printed fins on a stubby 2L bottle.
I do 3D Print rockets also and have a few launchable and some just scale models - Centurion Scout UFO, A Pringles can Honest John, Falcon Heavy, SpaceX landed booster, SpaceX Dragon Capsule, Saturn V.

My best tip is: ask for a Cricut maker for Christmas and make your own decals.
Copy/Scan the ones you get with your kit and make the other ones you need for the other side of your rockets.
A clear coat over the final finish stops them coming off and even if they do, hit print again. Its a game changer as your kit provided decals are no longer priceless.
Hope to enjoy the Forums with all of you.
PS - a quick shout out to the metric system.

Attachments

• oppo phone dump 12.6.21 103.jpg
    oppo phone dump 12.6.21 103.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • oppo phone dump 12.6.21 154.jpg
    oppo phone dump 12.6.21 154.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 348453339_160131440159862_1298258862478344347_n.jpg
    348453339_160131440159862_1298258862478344347_n.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back