LDRS 42 Non-BFR Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

les

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The URRG/LDRS site has a place for people to post their BFR projects.

But what about the smaller rockets?

Here is a place for people to show off their smaller cousins...

PS - to not be discriminatory, people with BFRs can also post theirs here as well..........

To start off, here are two rockets from two of the vendors who are coming.
The Radical Rocketry F23 and the Dragon Rocketry Ram Jet.

I have a couple of others done and several in process and less than 6 weeks to get them done........
More to come!

Attachments

• IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 0
I'll be flying my Dragon Rocketry 4" Fat boy, and a few Public Missiles custom kits in 2.2, 3 and 4" diameters. was hoping to have a 4" Madcow Avalanche XL complete in time but it's unlikely.

Edit to add..
I forgot also my Initiator, PML 3" BullPuppy and a few MMX rockets for fun.

Last edited:
Non BFR rockets I plan to bring:
  • Loc 7.5 V2 (pretty B&F, but not F away I think).
  • Hangar 11 4" X-15
  • Dragon Rocketry 4" Viper (need to decide on single or dual deploy and paint it)
  • Radical Rocketry BT80 X-15 (fun & flexible little flyer!)
  • Fliskits Acme Spitfire (modded for break-apart... will need to check and fine tune)
  • Wildman 3" Punisher FNF
  • Dragon Rocketry 4" Exocet
  • Radical Rocketry BT80 Starfighter (if I can get painted and finished with chrome paint in time)
Kind of wishful thinking since I'm currently trying to finish my own BFR project and also work a full time job lol

Last edited:
I'll have a bunch including my Flying Machine, 4" Pirate Max (MDRM), 4" Madcow Frenzy (still finishing), King Kraken, Destination Moon, and whatever else I can shove into the car.

Not to worry. All the BFR's will end up in Seneca Lake. OTOH, for the first time, the local club has chartered Go Ms. Tree to catch them. Not stated is how the ship will be transported to the Lake. Maybe by BFR? Also, it is not known what mods have been added to accommodate BFR's that are not up to company standards for BFR's.

Not to worry. All the BFR's will end up in Seneca Lake. OTOH, for the first time, the local club has chartered Go Ms. Tree to catch them. Not stated is how the ship will be transported to the Lake. Maybe by BFR? Also, it is not known what mods have been added to accommodate BFR's that are not up to company standards for BFR's.
Please check out the official LDRS 42 Thread, we have worked with our other local clubs, tirelessly to make sure if you bring it and its safe.... you can fly it. IM pretty sure we have never put one in Seneca Lake, but those with on board cameras have gotten awesome photos of the finger lakes.

Please check out the official LDRS 42 Thread, we have worked with our other local clubs, tirelessly to make sure if you bring it and its safe.... you can fly it. IM pretty sure we have never put one in Seneca Lake, but those with on board cameras have gotten awesome photos of the finger lakes.
I note that Seneca Lake is only about a dozen miles from Potter, NY. It's my understanding that one of the shortest missions expected for the BFR would be something like a suborbital mission, maybe LA to Tokyo*. That's a lot more than a dozen miles. ;-p

The jest was intended to provide moral support to the Rodney Dangerfields** of the amateur rocketry world. No serious criticism of LDRS 42 was intended.

---------
*https://aerospace.csis.org/around-world-60-minutes-less/

**i.e LPR The last rocket I built probably weighed about 4 grams and had impressive performance on an MMX motor. I can't check that, because it glided away on an evening thermal. My latest creation, yet to be flown, would be banned at any NAR event because its 4 grams of homemade propellant makes it a an egregious hazard. It would also be banned at any Tripoli event if I wasn't willing to blow large amounts of money and effort on what, to me, would seem like BFR's, and especially the BFR motors, which I'm not very interested in, to get 2 certifications. A second reason it would be banned is that it uses a commercially manufactured motor, widely available years ago, made out of steel. With a reliable overpressure release mechanism, but that doesn't count for anything. A third reason would be the horizontal launch, but that could be changed if the other obstacles were removed.

I'll have my Dragon Rocketry 3" Black Hole Space Probe, LOC 5.5" Goblin and I haven't decided on either the 4" MadCow AGM 33 Pike or the 3" MadCow Areobee Hi. Plus I always bring the LOC "Twilight Zone" Cyclotron. We will also have a bunch of mid and low power rockets too.

I am tentatively confirmed for LDRS. I plan to bring:

4 new rockets for maiden flights
Plus
Plus a couple more I think, will be hard to choose since there are probably another half-dozen that I'd really like to get into the air. Tempted to bring my 29mm upscale Quinstar, because I'll have a rare opportunity (I think) to grab some F15-0s from an on-site vendor. Other than that, I'm open to requests.

Back