Summer Blow-out Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valkyrie Recovery Systems

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Valkyrie is having a summer blow-sale that runs until July 7th. Most items are on sale, but the large discounts are found with our Strato- Explorer Chutes https://www.valkyrierecoverysystems.com/store/p5/Strato-Explorer_Elliptical.html
3ft Strato-Explorer for only $52.99!!!!
8ft for just under $100

We will not be restocking until after our shop's summer shut down from July 1-5, so hurry if you are wanting to get your hands on some great products and parachutes at a great price.

https://www.valkyrierecoverysystems.com/store/c2/Explorer-Parachutes

Enjoy the ridiculous video of why we have to clear our shelves before we are gone for a week.... strange spectacles floating about.

Attachments

• Summer Blow Out.mp4
    43.7 MB
Thank you for the orders already!

Orders have already been packaged up and just waiting for USPS to pick them up!

We pride ourselves on being quick on shipping. Since almost everything is in stock, most orders ship same business day and get picked up by USPS is ready for pick up by ~10:30am MST.

Ben
CEO

Been curious to lay my hands on one of your chutes - looks like now is the time to do so!

We chatted a little bit at NSL, but I made the mistake of walking away without checking out a canopy.

Now's the time to do so!

-Kevin

Only a little over a week left for this sale!

You pay fast, so it's only right for us to ship fast! With the exception of the larger Strato-Ellipticals, if it's listed it's in stock and ready to ship. No need to hassle with emailing or calling to see where your order is or when it shipped.

We would love to have some reviews in the Vendor Review section https://www.rocketryforum.com/forums/product-vendor-reviews.16/ to get honest feedback to everyone in the community about our service, quality and products.

Thank you everyone for your orders and support and just as a reminder, we will be shut down next week for the 4th of July.

Ben
CEO

Is "blow out" really the right word when selling parachutes? I wonder there are blow out sales for tires and balloons, too. ;-p

I'm not really in the market for a parachute right now, or even a streamer, but I went to your site out of curiosity anyway. I was surprised at how inexpensive your streamers are. Might be handy if there was info about rate of descent at different weights with different sizes, as you have for some of your other chutes. A modified, smaller Explorer Drogue might make a great chute for an RC sailplane winch or high start, since it's less likely to snag, but that's a shrinking market. Come to think of it, something like that might be good as a main rocket parachute here in the eastern US, where we have lots of trees festooned with chutes and rockets. Unless there's some reason it wouldn't work.

Is "blow out" really the right word when selling parachutes? I wonder there are blow out sales for tires and balloons, too. ;-p

I'm not really in the market for a parachute right now, or even a streamer, but I went to your site out of curiosity anyway. I was surprised at how inexpensive your streamers are. Might be handy if there was info about rate of descent at different weights with different sizes, as you have for some of your other chutes. A modified, smaller Explorer Drogue might make a great chute for an RC sailplane winch or high start, since it's less likely to snag, but that's a shrinking market. Come to think of it, something like that might be good as a main rocket parachute here in the eastern US, where we have lots of trees festooned with chutes and rockets. Unless there's some reason it wouldn't work.
Streamers really don't have a reliable drag coefficient that translates to a range of weights/ descent speeds. That is the main reason we don't post rate of descents for those. Streamers should be used for greater than feather weight/ tumble recovery and less than smallest parachute that can fit.

The drogue design works great at higher speeds, but as a main they would not open quickly. I worry about the mesh getting snagged on the branches as well.

Ben

Hey Ben,
After seeing the chute system you put together for the our dragon pad abort project, I was super impressed. I just made an order for an 8' chute for use in a Madcow 4" fiber glass frenzy XL - ~25lbs recovery weight. It will probably fly at Sodblaster in Pasco, WA labor day weekend. I'll try to get some pictured of the chute in the air if it's in reach of my camera lens.

If the stars align and we find motors, there's a change the next dragon flight could happen at the same launch too...... if it does, we'll definitely have pictures and video.

Hey Ben,
After seeing the chute system you put together for the our dragon pad abort project, I was super impressed. I just made an order for an 8' chute for use in a Madcow 4" fiber glass frenzy XL - ~25lbs recovery weight. It will probably fly at Sodblaster in Pasco, WA labor day weekend. I'll try to get some pictured of the chute in the air if it's in reach of my camera lens.

If the stars align and we find motors, there's a change the next dragon flight could happen at the same launch too...... if it does, we'll definitely have pictures and video.
Thank you for the order. Fingers crossed for a successful flight for you Frenzy XL and the Dragon capsule. Video would be amazing!

Ben

Holy crap ......I ordered a couple things..... today (Took advantage of the sale)
and 15 minutes later the message came in saying my order was shipped.........

What an amazing first impression of the company !!
Shipped.jpg

Holy crap ......I ordered a couple things..... today (Took advantage of the sale)
and 15 minutes later the message came in saying my order was shipped.........

What an amazing first impression of the company !!

Yeah, it's pretty impressive how quickly they get those orders ready to go out.

My first impression of them was at NSL West, where someone was asking another vendor about protectors for Jolly Logic Chute Releases, and asking if that vendor had them. "I don't, but he might" and the guy points to Ben. Flier asks Ben if he has one, he pulls one out and hands it to the guy, then refuses to take money for it. Pretty awesome thing to do for someone you've just met.

-Kevin

Back