Squat-o-mania!!! LPR! MPR!! HPR!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious: I see you're using angle aluminum to hold the fins in, because I presume the fins are too large to transport the rocket intact.

Is that going to be enough? If I remember correctly, that 12" Talon at LDRS back at Lucerne failed because they relied upon aluminum U-channel at the fin root to resist bending moments. Or something like that. It did have piano hinge on the airframe instead of the fixed angle aluminum you seem to have, though.

Just curious: I see you're using angle aluminum to hold the fins in, because I presume the fins are too large to transport the rocket intact.

Is that going to be enough? If I remember correctly, that 12" Talon at LDRS back at Lucerne failed because they relied upon aluminum U-channel at the fin root to resist bending moments. Or something like that. It did have piano hinge on the airframe instead of the fixed angle aluminum you seem to have, though.

I don't have enough details to their rocket. Although I was there for their flight.

I have aluminum channel running along the centering rings to keep the fins perpendicular. They are EXTREMELY strong and are not ping anywhere. This rocket is twice the diameter so I think that gives me a better chance. I can't wait to go to ROCStock an show people in person an have them tell me what they think.

You're also not using a P motor ;)

But on a P, what do you think David? I think Ryan wanted me to "fiberglass the s&@$ out of it" which I didn't do. I could easily dance on the tube with my girl friend and not worry that the fins will come off.

I too will have to look back at their thread because I can remember exactly what they did.

Thanks.

Actually not really. About $4 of yellow, and $4 of red. My B&B Hardware sells little cans of paint.

Well, ROCStock went well, from those who I spoke to said they really admired the project and can really see this thing succeeding! Yay!

I've got a plan to go out to Airfest to my first Midwest rocket launch! Maybe she will fly there!

Updates on her current condition to come soon.

NICE FLIGHT BRYCE!!!!!!!!!!! HERE'S A VIDEO I SHOT ... I had to run, so I was out of breath.
[video=youtube;kiQ7BGJXMwg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiQ7BGJXMwg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Amazing flight! I have been following this thread since the start and I am really happy to see that it all went as planned! Congrats on the L3.

It is true. This thing flew. On a M1550R to a altitude on 875ft!!!! That's no typo. 8 7 5.

Talk about low and slow.

150pounds. 20inches in diameter. 28ft C-9 parachute.

It is true. This thing flew. On a M1550R to a altitude on 875ft!!!! That's no typo. 8 7 5.

Talk about low and slow.

Very very cool! That was an amazingly majestic flight! Congratulations!

Talk about low and slow.

It must be a hoax with trick photography and playing with perspective. That must be like a Minie Mag on a G70ish redline with talc powder dust and lots of miniature stuff to fool the viewer. No Level 3 is that low and slow and lands so close to the pad.:)

REDLINE. Nice choice.

I've never seen a Redline larger than a K in person...

Yes that may be the lowest slowest L 3 . Maybe a new trend who can stay the lowest

Now that's MY kind of L3 flight! Beautifully low and slow! Awesome job!

Awesome flight..congratulations on the very successful Level 3 certification .

I think everyone stopped to take a picture in front of the low and slow rocket .

Fyrwrxz Dave really loved it . . .

Kenny

1402874525833.jpg

Congrats again, Bryce! So now that its flown once, what are you going to do with that massive thing?

Congrats again, Bryce! So now that its flown once, what are you going to do with that massive thing?

I say, turn it on it's side, mount an axle and wheels on it, and turn it into trailer to carry all your rockets/gear/etc. to future launches.

s6

Back