Music: The 30 Day Music Challenge

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just ask that folks wait until the calendar date changes for their current local time zone before posting the next day's song. This is going to seriously impact my participation 25 days from now.
And this is not based on *MY* first post... It should be based on the first post of the individual... If your first post is 4/6 (which is my current date), your day 30 should be 5/6.
1712207467612.png

Last edited:
Day 1 - Song you like with a color in the title
Red Rain - Peter Gabriel

Edited (was Prince's Purple Rain)

If it was open to multiple colors it'd Kermit's Rainbow Connection hands down...

Last edited:
Blue Christmas, which seems to be a Miles Davis composition. He was amazing, but I liked this long before I knew he was involved.

This should work for day 25 as well.

Alternatively, Stella Blue:

As long as we're talking about those guys, here's one for day two:

and day three:

No, I'm not a Deadhead, though I lived with some for a few years. And I do like much of their music. Maybe not the noisier bootleg tapes.

I'm a horrible procrastinator sometimes, so I'll get one more day in. Someone remind me before day 5. This one reminds me of someone:

Ok, I admit I went looking for Yuri Yunakov, since I like many of his songs. They may be an acquired taste, though you have to cut a guy some slack if he's willing to name a song "Lost in Thrace". What a lisp! (He doesn't actually lisp.) Anyway, he has an album called, at least for us "New Colors in Bulgarian Wedding Music". This one is called Zulta Kitka, which, after wrestling with Google Translate, I gather means "Yellow Wrist". I don't know if that refers, in this case, to a risk of falling, though I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Thelonius Monk is another one of my favorite musicians. I hadn't heard this one in a long time, but it was the only one with a color in the title that wasn't blue. I gave my dad the record this song appears in, but I think he thought it was weird, or at least he didn't mention it.

I really ought to be doing something else. Sigh.

If yesterday was day one, then today would be......?
It's only been today for 12 minutes dude... ;) Unless you're further East than Beijing (GMT +8), and West of the IDL...
Anyway, you didn't snipe my song... So I can let it slide (this time) :p

Last edited:
It's only been today for 12 minutes dude... ;) Unless you're further East than Beijing (GMT +8), and West of the IDL...
Anyway, you didn't snipe my song... So I can let it slide (this time) :p
Posted 4/3:
Day 1 - Song you like with a color in the title
Red Rain - Peter Gabriel

Edited (was Prince's Purple Rain)

If it was open to multiple colors it'd Kermit's Rainbow Connection hands down...

Posted 4/4:
Day 2.
One
Three Dog Night

It's 6:20 AM 4/4 here in Hawaii.
Dude.

Posted 4/3:

Posted 4/4:

It's 6:20 AM 4/4 here in Hawaii.
Dude.
It was started on 4/4 at 13:12 hours (GMT +8), it's currently 4/5 0:35 hours (GMT +8)... Trust me... I know, as I started this thread. and I was looking forward to getting to squeeze's song first (which I did), so no harm done..

I'd just ask that folks wait until the calendar date changes for their current local time zone before posting the next day's song. This is going to seriously impact my participation 25 days from now.

Last edited:
It was started on 4/4 at 13:12 hours (GMT +8), it's currently 4/5 0:35 hours (GMT +8)... Trust me... I know, as I started this thread. and I was looking forward to getting to squeeze's song first (which I did), so no harm done..

I'd just ask that folks wait until the calendar date changes for their current local time zone before posting the next day's song.
I'm counting the days by my local time zone, which is what everyone else is doing.
But since you're the OP, how do you want us to track it?

If you've posted a song on say 4/4 locally, please wait until 4/5 locally before posting a new song

Back