Lev 1 build thread BD Samurai

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's how I suggest to do it. Do not glue the bay into either tube. Instead secure the nosecone with rivets or screws. When your main charge goes off it will blow off the bay section which is heavy enough to pull the main out cleanly. To hold the upper section to the bay, you can use friction fit if you don't mind a possible main at apogee, or do what I like to do and use aluminum tape strips as shear tape. You can use plastic rivets or styrene rods as shear pins, but it tends to chew up the kraft airframe after a few flights.

By doing it this way, it keeps the bay fully accessable before and after the flight for easy setup. The main will deploy much cleaner by pulling it out the back instead of trying to blow it out the top.

Mike Fisher
Binder Design

Ok this explanes things a little there was other questions i had but this clears things up a bit more Thanks
The other question i had is where does the chutes connect? i was thinking about making a loop about 6 ft from the ebay to connect the chute to.
sory for all the questions but i have never done a duel deploy before

The other question i had is where does the chutes connect? i was thinking about making a loop about 6 ft from the ebay to connect the chute to.
sory for all the questions but i have never done a duel deploy before

I connect the chute to the harness about two feet from the part being ejected. If you put it too far down it may not be pulled out.

Mike Fisher
Binder Design

So... How's the build coming?

Dave

Its almost done just needs paint and setting up the ebay. But the ebay will wait untill after its first flight. I would post some pics but i have been without a computer at home for over a week. when it gets back from the shop i will post some pics

Latest posts

Back