ESRA Spaceport Cup coverage

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wednesday: Waiver opened at 9am. First flight 11:08am (a two stage demo from Montreal/ETS), 31 flights in two volleys from the solids pads. Two shreds --- CTI N5800 (U of MI Dearborn), and Loki N5386 (Penn State), and one seperation (Ege/Turkey). 15 rockets left on the pads when the range shut down due to wind at 5:45pm. About 2.5 hours to turn around 15 rockets on the solids pads. No hybrid flights today.

Wind and rain forecast for tomorrow and Friday. Good forecast for Saturday. 91 rockets left to fly.

~24 flights today until the range was shutdown about Noon. Clouds and wind. 2 hybrids, 1 cato (NMTech SRAD), and 1 separation.
31 flights yesterday.
55 total flown so far of 122.
Friday forecast is for 20 mph + all day, 60% chance of rain, and 80% cloud cover.
Saturday looks good, but a partial day.

Wind last night evidently did a number on the PA. Missed hearing the dulcet tones of @SnapRoll on the LCO mic today.

Hopefully we’re fixed up tomorrow. I had to go to a backup system today and it wasn’t feeding the PA into the livestream. Consider it a lucky break that you didn’t have to listen to me run my trap all day- hopefully you won’t be so lucky tomorrow.

Cheers from the bar of Los Arcos!

Latest posts

Back