Enceladus: A 75mm Minimum Diameter XX Phenolic Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful build and amazing engineering!

Questions and a note if you don't mind...
  • Why did the rocket exhibit coning? Did it have to do with the motor since the coast seemed fine?
  • From what I recall, Cris at Eggtimer recommendeds against using 9v akalines. In fact, generally it's not a good option nowadays due to the change in construction leading to more failures at high Gs. I use 9v equivalent lipos. YMMV
  • I love that mini av sled you made, but is there anything keeping the batteries from sliding up and down? (Sorry if I missed it.)
Great build and fantastic flight! Thanks for sharing! :clapping:

Beautiful build and amazing engineering!

Questions and a note if you don't mind...
  • Why did the rocket exhibit coning? Did it have to do with the motor since the coast seemed fine?
  • From what I recall, Cris at Eggtimer recommendeds against using 9v akalines. In fact, generally it's not a good option nowadays due to the change in construction leading to more failures at high Gs. I use 9v equivalent lipos. YMMV
  • I love that mini av sled you made, but is there anything keeping the batteries from sliding up and down? (Sorry if I missed it.)
Great build and fantastic flight! Thanks for sharing! :clapping:
Thanks Ken. I'm not entirely sure why there was so much coning, but the winds were fairly high on launch day. I actually launched another rocket that day to around 15k' and got the same effect. I nearly scrubbed both launches, but that would have been no fun at all. Sometimes you just have to let her rip and let the results be in the rocket Gods hands. On the 9v, I was having a hard time finding decent Li-Pos for a while, and just went with something readily available. I have since gotten some really good 2s Li-Po's and will be using Li-Po on pretty much everything moving forward. The batteries themselves just slide right into a carrier piece, and the whole thing with batteries in it is just attached to the sled using M2 screws.

Latest posts

Back