Audiophiles: Help me buy some Bluetooth headphones?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvanc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I know nothing about this market, the last Bluetooth anything I owned was one of those 90's things everybody had.

I want to buy a pair to use both with my phone and my home stereo. I want all the quality I can find but don't wanna go nuts as these will be my commuting pair, they will leave the house and eventually get lost. Happy to spend 200 if I have to but that's about it.

Now hit me with that famous hivemind think! And thank you.

Have had good luck with the Dime-2-black earbuds, for cheap(ish) stuff. Beats are also good, but I don't have a set of wireless of these. Bose are overpriced, for what they are

I use 3M pro-protect bluetooth stuff when I cut my grass. They are awesome. Not HiFi, but I can hear what I want while the mower is chomping.

Edit: I think the particular pair (Dime 2 Skull candy) is much less expensive than I paid a year or so ago. They are not expensive at all.

A few caveats:

1: My hearing isn't that of a real audiophile. Too many loud events without hearing protection. . .
2: I am not a Bose fan pre-se.
3: I'm not a huge bluetooth fan.

But, I own 4 sets of Bose headphones - 2 over ear, one wired earbud and one wireless bluetooth earbud.

I bought the first set of over-ear in an airport, as I was losing my mind with all the noise. That probably kept me out of jail. . . lol.

The second set got purchased for my wife. I bought the wired earbuds when I forgot my over-ear set at home on an overseas flight, yep, second set purchased in an airport. . . .

The wireless earbuds were purchased when I started my laser business, as the smoke extraction fan was annoyingly loud but I have to move around the shop a lot, so wired was not practical. They are my favorite set due to convenience, but the bluetooth range is way less than I would have expected. My source is a laptop in the middle of a 2-car garage and if I go to the extremes of the garage, it drops. Not sure if it is environment, source or Bose quality issues.

So, while I won't specifically say Bose are great (and I agree they are expensive), I think noise cancelling wireless earbuds are something I plan to own from now on.

Hope you find what works best for you!

I highly recommend the Anker q45 I have worn them for the last 1.5 years daily. Great performance in both audio quality and noise canceling. All at a good price as you aren't paying the brand tax of Bose or Sony. If mine died today I would buy them again in an instant.

Back