AeroTech HQ Dedication and Grand Opening

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Initiator001

Reaction score
Greetings Everyone!

I am typing this message from the meeting room in the new AeroTech Headquarters building.

The AeroTech folks are very busy here getting ready for the Grand Opening ceremony tomorrow, June 27th.

There will be multiple guest speakers (Local dignitaries, a representative for Ukraine, AeroTech principals, Lee Piester and Yours Truly).

The new building is really nice and the museum is great. Lots of things to buy in the Range Store (No HPR).

More to follow tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_7982 (2).JPG
    IMG_7982 (2).JPG
    893.6 KB · Views: 2
I make my presentation tomorrow (Thursday). I am trying to make it humorous.

I had dinner tonight with Lee Piester, Dan Michael & his wife and Dane Boles & his wife.
The food was excellent (Thanks Dane!) and the conversation, mostly between Lee and Dane, was interesting to hear.

Lee said he was still working on what he was going to say during his presentation. I will be following him so I will have a tough act to follow. It should all be fun.

I make my presentation tomorrow (Thursday). I am trying to make it humorous.

I had dinner tonight with Lee Piester, Dan Michael & his wife and Dane Boles & his wife.
The food was excellent (Thanks Dane!) and the conversation, mostly between Lee and Dane, was interesting to hear.

Lee said he was still working on what he was going to say during his presentation. I will be following him so I will have a tough act to follow. It should all be fun.
How did the presentations go?

Edit Add: I'd think reaching out for speech material here could be a great idea. :)

Any chance some of it was recorded?
AeroTech hired a videographer and photographer to record the event.
Photos may have been posted on the Cedar City newspaper website (They had a reporter present).
Gary told me that at some point the video/pictures will be posted.

I took video of the presentations and ceremony. I will post pictures when I have time.

New store/building looks amazing and I hope the grand opening went well. A speaker for Ukraine is a bit suspicious though given the current state of it....

New store/building looks amazing and I hope the grand opening went well. A speaker for Ukraine is a bit suspicious though given the current state of it....
What do you mean by that statement?

The speaker was listed as"...Consul of Ukraine."

One of the RCS management staff stated that he would be on a video conference call with 'customers' in Ukraine and suddenly realize some of the Ukrainian folks were attending from bomb shelters as their location was under attack at the time.

The Giant Initiator has a simulated motor nozzle and motor retaining ring.
There is a ring of bright LED lights around the motor retaining ring which go on at night. Cool. :cool:

Attachments

• GI Nozzle.jpg
    GI Nozzle.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 0
When one walks into the new AeroTech HQ building, you are greeted by the combination Range Store and Museum.

Here a sequence of pictures going around the center product displays then product on the wall followed by a rack of clothing.

( I apologize for the orientation of some pictures. They looked correct on my computer before they were posted).

Attachments

• AT Range Store 009.jpg
    AT Range Store 009.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 0
  • AT Range Store 010.jpg
    AT Range Store 010.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 0
  • AT Range Store 008.jpg
    AT Range Store 008.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 1
  • AT Range Store 007.jpg
    AT Range Store 007.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 1
  • AT Range Store 006.jpg
    AT Range Store 006.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 0
  • AT Range Store 004.jpg
    AT Range Store 004.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 1
  • AT Range Store 003.jpg
    AT Range Store 003.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1
  • AT Range Store 002.jpg
    AT Range Store 002.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1
  • AT Range Store 001.jpg
    AT Range Store 001.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1
  • AT Range Store 005.jpg
    AT Range Store 005.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1
Now the Museum occupies the walls of the Range Store.

I didn't take any close-ups of the cases. There was just too much going on.
I look at this as a reason to go back and pay a visit to take more pictures. ;)
Gary told me that the Museum would not be static, that the displays would change over time.

Attachments

• AT Museum 009.jpg
    AT Museum 009.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 1
  • AT Museum 008.jpg
    AT Museum 008.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 0
  • AT Museum 007.jpg
    AT Museum 007.jpg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 0
  • AT Museum 006.jpg
    AT Museum 006.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1
  • AT Museum 005.jpg
    AT Museum 005.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 0
  • AT Museum 004.jpg
    AT Museum 004.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 0
  • AT Museum 003.jpg
    AT Museum 003.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 0
  • AT Museum 002.jpg
    AT Museum 002.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 0
  • AT Museum 001.jpg
    AT Museum 001.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 0
Now the Museum occupies the walls of the Range Store.

I didn't take any close-ups of the cases. There was just too much going on.
I look at this as a reason to go back and pay a visit to take more pictures. ;)
Gary told me that the Museum would not be static, that the displays would change over time.
Thank you so much for sharing! Looks so much more amazing than I had imagined.

When you enter the Range Store/Museum and look up at the back wall there is a wonderful mural of people and history of hobby rocketry and AeroTech/Quest/ISP products.

Attachments

• AT Mural 001.jpg
    AT Mural 001.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 0
Now, with all the seriousness going on with the Grand Opening of the new HQ building, I decided to interject some humor into the occasion.

Out in the lobby where the Range Store/Museum is located there is a counter behind which one or more of the AeroTech staff sits to answer the phones, ring up Range Store sales, answer questions, etc.

On the counter is a holder with business cards for the principal staff of the company.

I came prepared.

I work in a store that has a printing shop. I gave the print supervisor a copy of an AeroTech/Quest business card and asked her to make up some cards with my name on them. The cards were not an exact match but they were very good. I added a title for myself of "Exalted Grand Poobah" and an e-mail address of "[email protected]" (It's a fake e-mail address so don't try to contact me with it).
I slipped my cards into the holder and walked away but not before taking a picture. 😁

Attachments

• AT Business Cards 001.jpg
    AT Business Cards 001.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 0
Thank you so much for sharing! Looks so much more amazing than I had imagined.
It is! Standing in the Range Store/Museum and looking around makes one want to either yell out with enthusiasm or cry tears of joy. I recommend everyone on this forum make it a point to visit AeroTech.

Hmmm, maybe they should get a 'Guest Book' and have visitors sign their names in it.

I am just posting this next picture because I find it just so cool. :cool:

Imagine going to work each day and this is what you see out your office window.

Attachments

• AT GI out the window 001.jpg
    AT GI out the window 001.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
I did not take many pictures during the indoor presentations.

Here is a picture looking from the front of the warehouse to the back.

Attachments

• AT Grand Opeing Ceremony 001.jpg
    AT Grand Opeing Ceremony 001.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 0
Back