Going to be a busy spring... :)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I began last week with a couple of classes scheduled for this spring. Less than a week later I find I'm hammered! LOL

In addition to the national and other events we will be attending (Red Glare, LDRS, NSL, NARAM, NERRF, etc) I am looking at the following schedule of FUN!

Gan Israel summer camp (6 classes meeting 5 times in one week) (this will be my 3rd year so they must like it!)
Academy of Science and Design (2 classes each meeting once a week for 8 weeks)
Boy Scouts (1 group meeting once a week for 3 weeks)
Pollard Elementary School (7 classes, 25 per class - large group!)
Town of Merrimack 4th of July commemorative launch
McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center Space Expo (2 classes with launch in one day)

Now, that's SO FAR.... I have two other camps and the Boston Childrens museum to touch base with yet....

I've talked to my boss about it but he just tells me to man-up... whata jerk!

:D LOL :D

You are a good man Mr. Flis and you are doing many good things.:handshake:

well, it's hard to say no...

best was when i was talking to a young man, with his wife and new baby, and we got on the subject of what we do for a living. When I mentioned rocketry he commented that he did rocketry as a kid (he was about 29) and actually looked forward to sharing that with his son when he got older.

After a bit of discussion it was discovered that he was one of my kids about 20 years earlier in the scouts with my son... That makes it all worthwhile, beleive me!

Awesome Jim! And I thought I had a full dance card with only six classes for the entire spring!:blush: Twenty five per class and seven classes? WOW! You are going to have photos...right?;)

Enjoy! I know I do!

Steve

well, it's hard to say no...

best was when i was talking to a young man, with his wife and new baby, and we got on the subject of what we do for a living. When I mentioned rocketry he commented that he did rocketry as a kid (he was about 29) and actually looked forward to sharing that with his son when he got older.

After a bit of discussion it was discovered that he was one of my kids about 20 years earlier in the scouts with my son... That makes it all worthwhile, beleive me!

And you'll probably catch them in another rocketry class in 6-8 years.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sounds to me like your livin the dream and making them at the same time.NICE JOB, be proud of that ! I think your effort/reward ratio is moving in the right direction.

I absolutely love these classes. I get to explore a lot more as many of my classes involve kids who have been in many other of my classes over the years.

We get to do more advanced stuff. For example my Academy of Science advanced class will be designing their own rocket. Each student will receive a bag of parts and they will have to design a rocket using those parts only. Good stuff :)

Back