What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While watching paint dry... I started a Stick and tissue build. A Dumas laser cut F4F.

IMG_5385_Small.jpg

Trying a new track plan for the under tree layout. Trying to eliminate the S curves going into the siding, and to lengthen the sidings since I picked up some passenger cars and that train will be too long for the old siding. I have to cut a couple of filler pieces and then see if it works like I think it should.

IMG_5386_Small.jpg

Looking at it from this angle , I could make it so that two trains could run in opposite directions, and wait for the other one to clear the single track section. That would be a little more exciting than a single train running and one just sitting. Darn now that I have that in my head I won't be able to sleep tonight. :facepalm:

Processing inherited items (finding places to put things)
Helping the liquidator with the estate (making sure she does what she is supposed to do, and not screw us over)

Coming to terms with my dad dying 2 months ago..

The death of, and the grieving of, is fairly simple & straight forward. It's all the after death crap that is the killer.. And the 'family drama' of who gets what, when and why.. not to mention the paperwork, legalese, and bank & tax crap..

Me: Got the PCI Compliance done. Just need to go over it with you and you need to sign it.
Roxy: Great, I need to see you tomorrow anyway, I need your help with Title 4 Funding and we got some hurdles to get through.
Me: Sounds like fun...

We spent time on the phone with a new insurance guy about my Medicare supplement plan, so now after getting another new one in January we are now going to switch back to the one we had (mutual of Omaha). Aetna doesn't pay for any of breathing apparatus which is about 275 dollars a month

Really sad today. This time next week my brother will be dead. He has lung and liver cancer and has signed up for Voluntary Assisted Dying. 10am next Tuesday is the event :( :( :( .
It's sad that he'll be gone. It's better that the end is in his own hands. But still mostly sad.

Ok, this place is gorgeous and the roads are immaculate, so cycling paradise. Today I had a go at Sa Calobra (Coll dels Reis, the winding road picture was taken from the top, it goes down to the sea 2200 ft below) which is a pretty famous climb as these things go...44 very hard minutes. Pretty sure I torched the cake and coffee I had at the base of the climb before I even made it to the top.

20240424_112504.jpg
20240424_120945.jpg
20240424_125804.jpg

Echocardiogram and heart monitor today. I would have thought that the monitor would be a little thing stuck onto the chest. Nope; five wires to locations on the chest, and a little box with a time display that's almost impossible to read except in direct sunlight. I'm supposed to write down the time when I feel something untoward: shortness of breath, dizziness, etc.

Also spent almost an hour attempting unsuccessfully to change from Tracfone to Consumer Cellular. Tracfone seems not to want to make it easy. For that matter, neither does CC, despite their ads. What in the **** is a "Transfer PIN"???? Tracfone won't give one, and CC won't let me change without one. Stay tuned, film at 11. :)

Lest We Forget indeed.

Had a formation of four prop aircraft thunder over our place at about 500'. Nice.
Sitting in the deck drinking coffee when the RAAF Growler went over heading for Lismore as part of the ANZAC Day celebrations.

Lest We Forget.
This sounds like something that needs explaining to non Australians?

ANZAC Day today here. Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. A national day commentating those who stood and those who fell during the first major action of WW1.

My grandfather was on artillery at Gallipoli. His gun was the last one fired before they got out. Luckily he was one of the survivors.

Lest We Forget is the major phrase associated with the day. It comes from a Kipling poem. Something along the lines of lest we forget that but for the grace of God the outcome could have gone the other way.

Last edited:
Echocardiogram and heart monitor today. I would have thought that the monitor would be a little thing stuck onto the chest. Nope; five wires to locations on the chest, and a little box with a time display that's almost impossible to read except in direct sunlight. I'm supposed to write down the time when I feel something untoward: shortness of breath, dizziness, etc.
Holter monitor. Been there done that. Getting ready for bed, with the monitor strapped to my chest and my CPAP mask and hose in place, it was impossible to not make Darth Vader jokes.

ANZAC Day today here. Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. A national day commentating those who stood and those who fell during the first major action of WW1.

My grandfather was on artillery at Gallipoli. His gun was the last one fired before they got out. Luckily he was one of the survivors.

Lest We Forget is the major phrase associated with the day. It comes from a Kipling poem. Something along the lines of lest we forget that but for the grace of God the outcome could have gone the other way.

Drove up for wound care today. Getting there usually isn't much trouble. I checked google maps before I left, and chose my route home based on that. About half-way home, the interstate turned into a parking lot. I put up with this only until I hit "bail-off point # 1", and I did. Good choice! Checked traffic again when I was home - much worse. *sigh* Next week's appt is earlier - maybe that will help...
Quasi-rocket-wise, I stopped at Ace and got a new 9v battery for my ET DD rocket, and some pvc fittings to make holders for Featherweight trackers.

Back