Unfinished kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I now have 7 rockets at the same point. Primered and sanded, ready for color coating. Getting cold here but I can paint some afternoons still so I'll get on them before winter.

Rockets are:

Fliskits Rhino and Overdrive

Sunward CFX-3 and Lighting Fury

Starlight Asteroid Probe, Flash-24 and an Apogee

On their way to me right now is order from BRS Hobbies consisting of a Peter Alway ARCAS, Quest Force 5 and a small payloader, can't remember the name:rolleyes: (durr, Payloader One)

Haven't added Semroc to the list, waiting for a Argo D-4 Javelin that we've kinda discussed.

This is all part of my one-man campaine(SP) to buy from as many of the newer(like Flis is new:p) rocket manufactures out there. Some are a little out of the monthly price range of under $35 with shipping. I know any Argo Semroc comes out with is going to be pricey but I've saved for it already and I'm going to get the more expensive ones by not getting rockets one month and saving the money until the next so I have more money to play with :D

Then I'll be getting quite a list of unflown rockets going:)

Last edited:
Dude, I see a Deuce's Wild in that pile of "yet to be started" kits... Get on *that* one, you'll be glad you did :)

Oh, the Deuce IS done..LOL..And flies great! Loves the new long burn Quest C6's!:clap:

Painted 004.jpg

I'm Troy and I'm a compulsive rocketeer.

Currently on the bench;

Semroc Orbital transport
Scratch 24mm Bomarc
Scratch Pershing 1A
Scratch 29mm upscale Estes Patriot (sport)
Scratch 38mm Bullpup 12D
Repair/rebuild Estes Intercepter E
Scratch 13mm Thor-Able
Scratch 18mm Delta II

Jeeze, I need to get to work!! :eek:

Hmm...I have maybe 7-10 model rockets that were started, plus a couple scratchbuilds
The ones I can think of:
36D-Squared
SDI Satellite
Scratchbuild 18mm cluster
LOC Vulcanite
Performance Rocketry ISQY Tomahawk

That's just what I can remember - I'm sure there are many more in the basement somewhere.
Now my list of KITS...? HooBOY...! Over 100<hangs head>

Eldred
You forgot your Level 3 project.

Oh, the Deuce IS done..LOL..And flies great! Loves the new long burn Quest C6's!:clap:
Mmmmm...canted clusters!

homer_simpson_drool1.jpg

MarkII

Believe it or not, only five. Six counting another Cineroc clone payload section for my Omega. Revive this thread next February or early March before it gets warm enough to paint and the numbers will be significantly different.

I guess an update is in order

Original Builds in Progress

Estes Cosmos Mariner Completed, flown, crashed
Dr. Zooch Saturn I SA-5 completed
Cosmodrome Nike Apache completed, flown, awaiting repairs
Scratch PEPP 1 Aeroshell
Scratch Centuri Vulcan BT70 upscale completed awaiting flight

Awaiting Repairs

Squirrel Works Tuber done
Estes Trade Federation Battleship done
Art Applewhite 3 Stage Cluster Cone done
HotRod Kestrel done
Estes Trade Federation Droid Fighter
Estes Naboo Royal Starship
Fliskits Stingray
LOC Cool Spool done
Estes DOM PeeWee
Cosmodrome Nike Apache

Awaiting Maiden Flight

Fliskits Dead Ringer flown
Sheri's Mercury Redstone
Estes RediRocs Raider flown
LOC Cyclotron
Zooch Saturn I SA5

I'm not a rockaholic, but I'm working on it.
I have a P.O.N.G. rocket that I just can't seem to get painted and finished yet. It's still awaiting decals.
I hope to launch this weekend.
Plus, I have three more kits in package, a Baby Bertha, an Alpha III and a few level one "kits" that will remain unassembled.

Hmm, I think I have 8 or 10 in progress, more or less...

Scratch built original version Mars Snooper
Estes Asteroid Hunter
Estes QCC Explorer
Estes Sprint XL (in paint)
Madcow DX3-XL for L3
Madcow V2 (the new one, just started)
Madcow BOMARC (done except for decals)
Estes MIRV (resining the foam)
Estes Renegade-D (glassed booster)

Hmm. A Semroc Aero-Dart that's been sitting in primer for about a year, along with a Texas Firefly. I don't know why I can't get motivated to finish those two--they're good looking rockets.

A Semroc Tau Zero that I've sanded down and painted twice. I can't get the silver paint to behave. Horrible. The body needs to be re-built afresh.

A Semroc/RDC Moon Glow, a Semroc/Centuri Starfire, BMC/Estes Drifter and a scratch-build that I'm calling Rambler, will all see the launch pad before those first three are finished.

Just how it is, I guess.

Last edited:
There is a clinical term for this condition...known as Rocket Interruptus...
It stems from a fear of spoiling the perfection that you have achieved...
coupled with a fear of premature launching. But doctors claim that the
condition is treatable, with a kind and supportive partner to reassure you
that you're doing just fine and will be able to reach completion if you just try!

Just joined the Forum.

I am currently working on a Launch Pad Matra Super 530D
Still in the packaging:
Rocketarium SkyFlash
Estes Ventris
Estes Leviathan
Estes QCC Explorer

I also have 4 volumes of my own rocket designs. I'll never get them all built.

Kevin McQuown
Kenton, Ohio

Just joined the Forum.

I am currently working on a Launch Pad Matra Super 530D
Still in the packaging:
Rocketarium SkyFlash
Estes Ventris
Estes Leviathan
Estes QCC Explorer

I also have 4 volumes of my own rocket designs. I'll never get them all built.

Kevin McQuown
Kenton, Ohio

a) Welcome to the forum.
b) Kenton? I used to spend a lot of time there one weekend every month when I served in the 251st Trans (TT) Army Reserve unit many moons ago.
c) Again, welcome.

Might be fun to see where all these lists are now.

Anyway,

In various stages of construction:

Estes Interceptor-E - finish paint and add FRG decals (Excelsior)
Quest Aerospace-One - finish paint and decals
MRI Lambda 8 - paint (kit from 1969, 100th I"ve started. My first was a Lambda 8 back in 1969)
Estes Wolverine BT-60 upscale - paint and Excelsior decals
Scratch BT-60 Little John - some details and paint (Sport Scale project to finish NARtrek Silver level)
NewWay N-20 - currently finishing body fill/sand
Fliskits Celtic Thunder - filling, sanding and attach fin unit
Estes Interceptor (18mm) - filling sanding fins, to be done as Navy Blue Angel
Estes Mega DRM - filling/sanding fins
scratch Thunder Chicken, BT-80 sized Goony of Thunder series of rockets - filling/sanding fins, nose cone
Estes USS Enterprise (bought in 1979, started 2005) - still working on various early parts
Shrox Skonk Wolf - nose cone filled, to sand, almost have all fins cut

Under repair:

Estes Maxi-Alpha clone
Centuri F-4 clone
Estes Gee'hod
Estes Optima clone
Apogee Diamondback

About a dozen or so I've opened but haven't started yet.

BE JEALOUS!!!

1 kit that is in the works. 1 scratch build in the works.

Now improvement-wise, I have 6. I am trying to add a nose cone av-bay to all of my rockets.

I had about a dozen or so kits assembled & awaiting paint. SWMBO threw them in a box, then moved the box to the garage. Apparently dogs really like balsa, they are no longer awaiting paint. Awaiting rebuild or the dust bin now.....

...wow, a LOT of building here since my post at the top of this page...you have NO idea :/ Basic problem is none have flown. I flew the Tour De Deuce rockets and that's it for ever. I REALLY need to get out and burn the stash of motors I have. Biggest problem i think my doctor is final;ly listening to me...my feet hurt, need something for them. Then I can walk to retreive my rockets, that or risk "kids" crushing them :p This works down at one of the parks on a weekend. Gathers a bunch in a hurry, kids and adults :)

I buy parts now. I happily add contents every month and take things out for whatever I want. Nosecones are a monthly expence with the bulk comeing from SEMROC. The variety is what I like, just the shape inspires a design. I got sent the wrong cone this last order. I wanted a BNC60 BC, a Ramjet cone. I got a BNC60 C, a short rounded over hemisphere cone, not at all what I wanted. Shirley had thrown in a couple of sets of fins, said on the package she couldn't sell these! :) One was a set of 4 Flis Rhino-like find and the second is a set of Black Brant ll with the fins cut for a boattail. I'll have to do some investigating to see what sized tube the fins are ment for. The rounded cone and Rhino-like fins are already a rocket :)

I have two kits that I've been looking at now for around two years :p An ASP WAC Corporal in 24mm booster to 18mm sustainer and a Flis Decim8, both daunting builds :p Some day...maybe...soon..maybe...

Back