Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have cable or NBN at home for the internet. All connectivity is through a 5G Cellular link. It's 5 times faster and half the price. Plus I can take it anywhere I go. This is one of the reasons the 5G network rollout was delayed. To prevent people from choosing the better option....for as long as they could delay it.

I don't have cable or NBN at home for the internet. All connectivity is through a 5G Cellular link. It's 5 times faster and half the price. Plus I can take it anywhere I go. This is one of the reasons the 5G network rollout was delayed. To prevent people from choosing the better option....for as long as they could delay it.

That depends, here the 5G only goes about 1/2 to 1 mile and my house is in-between two of the low poles for it, each a mile away. I ordered my mom a Government phone. It was 5G and would not connect to the 5G network to activate. Still in a drawer here.

My phone and her present phone are 4G and work fine. Once the 5G phone will active I will take it to her down the road.

^ To add to the above, I ordered a 5G Pixel 6 phone to replace my Pixel 3A. It also would not active at my house and I had to send it back and re-sim my 4G phone to get phone service working again. There was no menu item in it to FORCE 4G so I could activate it.

This is a Suburban 1977 built 'hood.

^ To add to the above, I ordered a 5G Pixel 6 phone to replace my Pixel 3A. It also would not active at my house and I had to send it back and re-sim my 4G phone to get phone service working again. There was no menu item in it to FORCE 4G so I could activate it.

I spent a bit of time identifying which bands were available and which carrier supported what before choosing. It's certainly tricky.... Fortunately/ or not /we have fewer choices here in Australia......

It was a means to an end during Lent. One of my buddies and I used to take a vacation day a couple of times a year and go to neighboring cities to hunt records. One year we found ourselves in Columbus on a Friday in Lent. I got my two fish sandwiches and went to a seat by the window to eat while I watched co-eds pass. Jeff ordered plain fish sandwiches; bun, fish, bun as he'd tell them. Every time they came to him with either cheese or tartar sauce, both of which he hated. Thirty minutes later he finally came over to where I was sitting. I still rag him about that.

It was a means to an end during Lent. One of my buddies and I used to take a vacation day a couple of times a year and go to neighboring cities to hunt records. One year we found ourselves in Columbus on a Friday in Lent. I got my two fish sandwiches and went to a seat by the window to eat while I watched co-eds pass. Jeff ordered plain fish sandwiches; bun, fish, bun as he'd tell them. Every time they came to him with either cheese or tartar sauce, both of which he hated. Thirty minutes later he finally came over to where I was sitting. I still rag him about that.

Sorry to hear about your self-afflicted condition.

Eating Play-doh was probably safer and healthier.

😄

That depends, here the 5G only goes about 1/2 to 1 mile and my house is in-between two of the low poles for it, each a mile away. I ordered my mom a Government phone. It was 5G and would not connect to the 5G network to activate. Still in a drawer here.

My phone and her present phone are 4G and work fine. Once the 5G phone will active I will take it to her down the road.

All you guys have it easy. I have no cable, no DSL, no 4G let alone 5G at my house. My internet is Skylink and the cell phones have to use WiFi calling. I do have a POTS land line.

Yep, the Filet-O-Fish literally exists to make up for lower hamburger sales to Catholics on Fridays.

As seen on the History Channel show "The Food that Made America" , it was created by a Cincinnati McDonalds' franchise who showed to it Ray Crok. Ray didn't like it until he added the slice of cheese to it, then he did.

All you guys have it easy. I have no cable, no DSL, no 4G let alone 5G at my house. My internet is Skylink and the cell phones have to use WiFi calling. I do have a POTS land line.

I wish I could order my Mom a POTS line, it would be better for her, even at a cost of $59+ a month.
But NO they don't put any new lines in and are on a company and FCC mandate to remove all the POTS lines they can.

I wish I could order my Mom a POTS line, it would be better for her, even at a cost of $59+ a month.
But NO they don't put any new lines in and are on a company and FCC mandate to remove all the POTS lines they can.
Ours is free. It's not supposed to be free, but they never bill us. After about six months I called and asked why, since I didn't want them to catch on later and sent us a bill for all the back payments. The person on the phone said that their service database and billing database hadn't synced, and they'd take care of it; now five and a half years later we've still never seen a bill. I tried, so it's their loss now.

Why do you remind me of almost all the insufferable people I ever saw on USENET?

"I'm on a 300 baud modem, and I can still type faster than you can read".

🎻

Last edited:
Who?

I can find nothing on the show.
The show is Seinfeld. Jerry Seinfeld played a version of himself. The other characters were his neighbors. The one shown is -- Oh, right -- Jason Alexander as -- Darn, I had it a minute ago. Then they would go explain it to another neighbor, Elaine, played by -- Damnit!

I watched two or three episodes, and I've also heard a little of Jerry Seinfeld's real life stand-up. I never understood why the show was popular.

Back