I'M BACK BABY!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Home Minions GIF

live long and prosper star trek GIF

I would venture to guess that in his 8 years away Portland has pretty much turned into a ghetto.
I never cared for living in Portland, but it WAS a fairly nice city.
Can”t say that any longer.

Last edited:
Could be in:

Eagle Point, Oregon
Brothers, Oregon
Penrose, Colorado
or
Dayton

When?

??????

Yeah, it's probably too far to come for an LPR launch (limited to D impulse) at my club launch next Saturday. You're probably kind of sick of traveling for awhile.

I would venture to guess that in his 8 years away Portland has pretty much turned into a ghetto.
I never cared for living in Portland, but it WAS a fairly nice city.
Can”t sat at any longer.
Might be correct. Sad what poor governance will do to a once great city.

Have you visited lately and this is an informed opinion?
Or just pulling opinion from the news or elsewhere?
Yes, I have visited, much to my consternation. Mrs likes one particular store downtown. What used to be a vibrant city is no longer. 30% vacancy rate of office space does not happen for no reason. The city is now a cess pool. Granted, some cleanup may be occurring now….but not much.
Glad you think it is still City of Roses, keep those rose colored glasses on!

Commercial vacancy fits the Portland style of heavy WFH.
Time the corporate world catches up with the post-covid reality.
But since I'm not into commercial property, I don't care.

The food scene is vibrant.
The events are all there.
Sure more street camping is happening and is a problem, but the entire west coast suffers and Oregon is pretty suitable to outdoor living.
But when "outdoor living" becomes an issue before SCOTUS, it would be foolish to think Portland's wimpy government is going to solve the issue.

The pro demonstrators that descended on Portland a few years back did do a number on the city.
But they are mostly gone and the city is very livable.

I'd say our big problem is taxes and traffic - typical west coast city.

Commercial vacancy fits the Portland style of heavy WFH.
Time the corporate world catches up with the post-covid reality.
But since I'm not into commercial property, I don't care.

The food scene is vibrant.
The events are all there.
Sure more street camping is happening and is a problem, but the entire west coast suffers and Oregon is pretty suitable to outdoor living.
But when "outdoor living" becomes an issue before SCOTUS, it would be foolish to think Portland's wimpy government is going to solve the issue.

The pro demonstrators that descended on Portland a few years back did do a number on the city.
But they are mostly gone and the city is very livable.

I'd say our big problem is taxes and traffic - typical west coast city.
Other than all the homeless, drug addicts and mentally infirm I saw living on the streets in many of the areas starting about Troutdale and going all the way past OMSI and across the river and downtown its a great town...

Sorry, I used to love going to Portland, but now I feel that its necessary to make sure I can protect myself while I am there. I have heard they are making efforts to clean up the city and I hope so as it was once a beautiful city and deserving of the title City of Roses. We no longer stop or stay in Portland itself on business but will stay in the outer areas.

Back