Music: The 30 Day Music Challenge

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 22...........I don't have any, so I'll post more for Day 21! (all from one artist, with a nod to my (maternal side) roots)..........

s6

Last edited:
Day 23.
A song everybody should listen to.

Well, I am not so presumptuous as to think that anything I choose is one that everybody should listen to.
Everyone has their own tastes and preferences.
And beliefs.
So I'm leaving one that everyone can agree is upbeat.
Without a deep message.
Heh.

Day 23 - a song you think everyone should listen to

If you have half an hour to spare, Iced Earth's three-part ballad about the Battle of Gettysburg is nothing short of epic. You'll learn something, and be moved, especially by the fortitude of the men holding Little Round Top in part 2.

Day 24 - a song from a group you wish was still together

The Sword broke up a couple of years ago after the front man decided he had "accomplished everything creatively he wanted to do" and move on to other projects. Depressing.

Day 25 - a song from an artist no longer living

RIP Dio.

Day 26 - a song that makes you want to fall in love

I mentally went through a lot of love songs I've heard in my life, but the only one that I could say really "made me want to fall in love" was the Song of Songs from the Bible. It's one of the shortest books, so the reading only takes roughly twenty minutes.

Last edited:
Day 28...........

I've skipped a few days, so I'm going to indulge this one and double post. Besides there are SO many for this category it's really hard for me to choose. These here all send absolute shivers down my spine, and "a voice I love" doesn't even begin to describe it.

s6

Day 29.............

Well, my early childhood, from the time I could actually begin to recognize music, was filled with great music from my dad & mom's favourites. Lots of good stuff, but the three main standouts (which I still listen to and love to this day) would be Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, and Roger Miller.

But when I came to an age where I could think of "my" music favourites (somewhere around roughly 5-6 years of age), it was absolutely dominated by one thing.....JUNGLE BOOK! This would probably fit the category most accurately. Man I loved it, and absolutely played that record to death. (this being the film soundtrack). I mean, this is great stuff..........

This also featured pretty large in my childhood days & years:

But also, "from my childhood", and a year or two later, there was this album. My two older brothers (2 and 4 years older) spent a lot of time pretending we were Chuck, Cory, and Danny rocking out to this track.....

ahhh, those innocent childhood days....
s6

Last edited:
Day 28 - a song from an artist whose voice you love.

Joakim Broden has a good singing voice, but it's not what I love Sabaton for. When it comes to voices I really like, Dio and Loreena McKennitt are the ones that spring to mind. I've already posted Dio, so it's Ms. McKennitt's turn to make an appearance.

Back