LDRS 42 roll call

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be there Thursday through Sunday. I'll have my silver and black Big Nuke and my 5.5" LOC Bullet, "Bajan Thunder". As well as others. Come on by, love to meet you all.

Maybe we all need to write our 'TRF handle' on our name tags..

How many of us have attended events, and talked to some, only to find out later [or after], "Oh, you are 'FatCat69'!!!" (Then the awkward: I hate your post, but loved talking to you / loved your posts but hated talking to you..)

How many of us have attended events, and talked to some, only to find out later [or after], "Oh, you are 'FatCat69'!!!" (Then the awkward: I hate your post, but loved talking to you / loved your posts but hated talking to you..)
I’ll get a pic of my profile pic too!

Ps you may be surprised to learn that I don’t look like that :)

Not hard to find me, just look for the Dragon Rocketry tent and find the old guy with a beard.

I'll be there for Saturday and Sunday at least. I live only a 43 minute drive away, so I'll be commuting from home, and I share a single car with my wife. That means I don't know about Thursday and Friday, but I'll do my best.

Has anyone got a little extra camper or tent space for a fellow TRFer who snores? That might make the difference for one or the other or both days, and for evening events. Or maybe I'll just rent a car for the weekend.

I also plan to do my L2 cert flight, if I can get my ass in gear and build the rocket in time.

(No, URRG is not my home club, but I've been meaning to get to a launch there for a long time.)

How about picking a place and time at the field to meet up?

My profile pic used to be a head shot, but hasn't been for a long time. So here it is.:
1715358682966.jpeg

oops, I figured you were referring to part of Canada!! :headspinning:
Useful (maybe) fact: the two letter postal abbreviations in the US and Canada for the states, provinces, and territories are coordinated so there are no duplicates. That's why Manitoba is stuck with MB; MA is Massachusetts, MN is Minnesota, MI is Michigan, and MO is Missouri.

Ps you may be surprised to learn that I don’t look like that :)
Surprised and disappointed. :( 😜

I'll be there for Saturday and Sunday at least. I live only a 43 minute drive away, so I'll be commuting from home, and I share a single car with my wife. That means I don't know about Thursday and Friday, but I'll do my best.

Has anyone got a little extra camper or tent space for a fellow TRFer who snores? That might make the difference for one or the other or both days, and for evening events. Or maybe I'll just rent a car for the weekend.

I also plan to do my L2 cert flight, if I can get my ass in gear and build the rocket in time.

(No, URRG is not my home club, but I've been meaning to get to a launch there for a long time.)

How about picking a place and time at the field to meet up?

My profile pic used to be a head shot, but hasn't been for a long time. So here it is.:
View attachment 644664

Useful (maybe) fact: the two letter postal abbreviations in the US and Canada for the states, provinces, and territories are coordinated so there are no duplicates. That's why Manitoba is stuck with MB; MA is Massachusetts, MN is Minnesota, MI is Michigan, and MO is Missouri.

Surprised and disappointed. :( 😜
Mr Joe,

We will have a large tent / awning. Look for the Canadian flag (front row, left side) and ask anyone in there for me, "Paul". I have 2 or 3 shifts at the RSO table. Will send you these too. That might be best place to meet up.. either before or after!

and.. You for got ME: Maine!! :D

I looks like the US got to choose first!!

Ps I’ll look for the guy in the side burns and a snarky sense of humor (although that last one IDs any TRFer)

Mr Joe,

We will have a large tent / awning. Look for the Canadian flag (front row, left side) and ask anyone in there for me, "Paul". I have 2 or 3 shifts at the RSO table. Will send you these too. That might be best place to meet up.. either before or after!

and.. You for got ME: Maine!! :D
Left out, not forgot. Also MS for Mississippi and MD for Maryland. But E, D, and S are not in Manitoba, so they didn't matter.

Lumber and electricity. And extra thick, gunky, dirty oil that we don't shouldn't want.

But you've suggested something for the random nerdy fact thread.

Driving up Wednesday, leaving Monday morning after... Hoping to get my one project finished...Working on payloads...

Have to visit World of Beer in Syracuse while up there...

Wife & I are coming from Virginia. First time to LDRS. I'm bringing my Apogee Zephyr with all new Eggtimer electronics for my first dual deploy attempt. I've got my L1 but time doesn't permit me to get ready for my L2 this time. I'm the "rocket nut" and my wife is the "horse nut" so we're staying at a B&B on a horse farm. We'll squeeze in a Finger Lakes winery tour if time permits. Biggest rocket launch ever for me, first time ever for my wife.

I used to live north-northeast of Winchester, in WV, a little west of Charles Town and east of Inwood. We moved away going on eight years ago. My sister-in-law and family live between Charles Town and Leesburg, VA.

Back