Got a new puppy!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've had three Golden Retrievers in our family. We had one when the kids were growing up, and now each of them has their own. Love Goldens. Luckily we get to watch our grandpups a lot.

Randy

I like Barf.
I've never developed a taste for it.
I had a friend in college who had a parakeet named Phlegm. I slept on the floor of his room once after a party (bird seed pillow.) When I woke up the next morning, it was because I had the impression of something passing my face quickly. I opened my eyes just in time to see Phlegm dive bomb me from a curtain rod. Friends of ours would occasionally get a borrowed record back with a large bird poo spot in the grooves.

Cute pup congratulations! We just got a baby Chi about a week and a half ago. We named him Marty McFly!

Attachments

• IMG_7679.jpeg
    IMG_7679.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1496.jpeg
    IMG_1496.jpeg
    454.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1495.jpeg
    IMG_1495.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1468.jpeg
    IMG_1468.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6292.jpeg
    IMG_6292.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7629.jpeg
    IMG_7629.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7628.jpeg
    IMG_7628.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1401.jpeg
    IMG_1401.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Avoid Doom.

True story.

My son had two cats, one named Chaos, other Doom.

He left Chaos with my wife and I.

Chaos like to hunt, but one night she didn’t come home.

My wife went all over the neighborhood, yelling, “Chaos…….Chaaaaaooooos.”

All I could think about was, “Thank God it wasn’t Doom.”

During the covid lockdown I was sitting in my car next to the coffee shop and a man wearing his mask was walking his dog. He sat down at the outdoor table and told his dog to sit
So it sh!t.

Avoid Doom.

True story.

My son had two cats, one named Chaos, other Doom.

He left Chaos with my wife and I.

Chaos like to hunt, but one night she didn’t come home.

My wife went all over the neighborhood, yelling, “Chaos…….Chaaaaaooooos.”

All I could think about was, “Thank God it wasn’t Doom.”
Did you ever find it?

Did you ever find it?
Nope. We had adopted a stray yellow lab we found. We think she was 2 years old. She was an outdoor dog when we got her, and Chaos would tease her by walking back and forth on the window ledge, “I’m inside and YOU’RE not!”

The working theory is Lucy (the lab) put out a contract on the cat.

Be careful with this puppy, it’s gonna wrap your heart strings in knots. It’s all worth it, but 15 years or hopefully more from now you and your family are gonna be hard pressed to say goodbye.

I know we were. I’d still do it again in a heartbeat. I hope everyone thinks their dog is the bestest ever. But I know Lucy actually WAS!

“Dammit” is a good name, and works in many situations.

Dammit stop that.

Dammit put that down.

Dammit get over here.

Dammit let go of the UPS guy.
Already thought about that, decided against it! 🤣
The poor UPS guy, it’s a thankless job…
We always put gift cards in the mail for them with a note for Christmas.
Cato!

Would be great fun and very popular at rocket launches. :)
That's funny, but probably wouldn't happen as my whole family isn't all rocket geeks!

I'm in the camp, previously mentioned, that our pets often name themselves. We have often, but not always, kept our pets for a few weeks before deciding, based on personality, what name just "fit" them.

Also worth mentioning, since someone else suggested it, that we (mostly I because he really doesn't like anyone else) have a cat name Rocket.1000006103.jpg
Rocket the cat

Last edited:
I'm in the camp, previously mentioned, that our pets often name themselves. We have often, but not always, kept our pets for a few weeks before deciding, based on personality, what name just "fit" them.

Also worth mentioning, since someone else suggested it, that we (mostly I because he really doesn't like anyone else) have a cat name Rocket.View attachment 641504
Rocket the cat
Doesn’t matter what you call a cat, they won’t come anyway (except if you have a can opener.)

Back to the pup

The Latin word for gold is Aureus​

I guess you have not had a great cat. A few of ours come running to the sound of their names.
Vary Varys would come running at the sound of treats.

Though, I have had cats that came when called by name. Big Boi, aka Booger, will come see me when I call him. Usually when he's in another room yelling about something or other.

Last edited:
Back