Featherweight gps Channels

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcriminale

Reaction score
It's been a while since I used my GPS so I had to reset everything up. I was testing to see if I ruined it after I buried it 6 inches in the ground on its second flight at the last LDRS and I believe everything's working I just need to replace the on off switch. Besides that, I'm unsure and I wanted to know if the ground station and GPS should be on the same channel.

Thank you
-Matthew

Attachments

• IMG_1464.png
    IMG_1464.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1463.png
    IMG_1463.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 0
Yes they need to be on the same channel. Sorry that happened man.
Thanks for the response, yea I went for an easy first flight for the gps in my original estes partizon and I buried it. I was able to save the GPS atleast It came out of my custom case mostly in one piece minus the switch, power terminal and antenna

Thanks for the response, yea I went for an easy first flight for the gps in my original estes partizon and I buried it. I was able to save the GPS atleast It came out of my custom case mostly in one piece minus the switch, power terminal and antenna
I am building a Darkstar 4" now, but next on line is my daughter Miah's build. It is a Estes Partizon. She built a Initiator, and and most of her Punisher Mini. She watched me do the epoxy, so she is going to do it this time.

We bought it at the MC2 yard sale.

Ahhh, Yes the transmitter and receiver need to be on the same frequency to operate correctly. Oh I've buried a rocket completely into
a cornfield and the only thing that did the recovery was the last known GPS position transmitted 50 feet above the ground before impact AND
the aural beeper I had on the harness that survived. Had to put my ear to the ground to localize it but was able to go back to the launch site and
ask fellow fliers to borrow a shovel. The rocket/electronics were trashed but I still use that beeper for good luck!! The engine hardware was still good too.
I had beginning cataracts and the deployment device didn't have a decent continuity check. Missed a leg of the ematch in the terminal block. It was the "days of old" mind you.

Back