Estes Blue Sapphire BT55 Upscale Build.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally made some additional progress on this build. The weather held out just long enough to get paint on the fins. Not too bad of a job but I did have a little bit of bleed through in one spot. It should clean up with a little alcohol.

Tomorrow will be vinyl and the recovery system. Hoping to fly this one at our club launch Sunday.

26.jpg28.jpg

I am not generally a fan of cosmetic fins, and I was initially quite underwhelmed with the Blue Sapphire, but I have to admit those are some damned rakish fins, enough that the design is growing on me in spite of myself.

I am not generally a fan of cosmetic fins, and I was initially quite underwhelmed with the Blue Sapphire, but I have to admit those are some damned rakish fins, enough that the design is growing on me in spite of myself.

I agree that the fin design on this rocket is certainly a love it or hate it. I personally didn't care for it when it was first released which is one of the many reasons I passed up on buying one. When I logged on they were still available but at $21 for a BT50 I passed. Funny thing is that I liked the paint scheme on the face card but now that mine is painted, I'm not sure I really care for it. For the time being I will finish this one out in stock Estes colors but my 3.0" upscale will be something different.

Back