Anyone seen the new Matrix Trailer?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eewww weeee!!!!!! I cant wait till it comes out!

I only realized recently Neo and Ted from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure were by the same actor. Jimmy nails it here. I wish it were longer:

I was genuinely surprised that trailer actually kind of made me want to see the movie. When I heard a fourth Matrix movie was coming, I just assumed it would be bad. The Wachowskis haven't exactly had a track record of success since the original Matrix. I guess I'll wait and see what the reviews are like.

I was genuinely surprised that trailer actually kind of made me want to see the movie. When I heard a fourth Matrix movie was coming, I just assumed it would be bad. The Wachowskis haven't exactly had a track record of success since the original Matrix. I guess I'll wait and see what the reviews are like.

From the trailer, the movie looks like a retread of the first one. Keanu Reeves doesn’t know what’s really going on. He gets a choice: red pill/blue pill? Now his mind is open! Great choice, Keanu! Kung fu and bullet time galore.

I mean, I can see why they’d rehash the same beats as The Matrix. It’s the only good movie the Wachowskis have ever made. But I’m not excited to see it. The first movie didn’t need a sequel. The story worked on it’s own. And those sequels are so bad, they ruin my memories of the original.

We might give it a whirl just because we have HBOMax, but I have a feeling we’ll end up cutting it short. I hope it’s a good movie, but I’m not optimistic.

Nice use of White Rabbit, though.

From the trailer, the movie looks like a retread of the first one. Keanu Reeves doesn’t know what’s really going on. He gets a choice: red pill/blue pill? Now his mind is open! Great choice, Keanu! Kung fu and bullet time galore.

I mean, I can see why they’d rehash the same beats as The Matrix. It’s the only good movie the Wachowskis have ever made. But I’m not excited to see it. The first movie didn’t need a sequel. The story worked on it’s own. And those sequels are so bad, they ruin my memories of the original.

We might give it a whirl just because we have HBOMax, but I have a feeling we’ll end up cutting it short. I hope it’s a good movie, but I’m not optimistic.

Nice use of White Rabbit, though.
[/QUOTE
A “retread of the first one”? Really?
are you sure you didn’t accidentally watch the trailer for Taken?

I think I only seen the first one, can't remember if I seen any of the others. Maybe that's a good thing, according to what's said above about the other movies. But if this movie lives up to the trailer and reviews are good, I might have to see it.
Reeves is always good in his character, even if the movie isn't that great.
He puts his heart into his character and try's like heck to make it work.

I'm going to arrange time to watch all three in a stretch. :)

Last time I had a watch party we tried to do the lord of the rings; my buddy showed up with the box set, lol. There's three days of stuff there. :eek:

I didn't hate the sequels, but they definitely paled compared to the epic greatness of the first. I like that the new movie seems to restore a sense of mystery, as in what the h*** is going on. I hope it all makes some sense.

I'm starting to wonder if Keanu has a clause in his contract that he cannot alter his hair and beard.

Back