AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would anyone happen to know what the thread size is on RMS 24/40 casings? Thought it might have been posted on this forum somewhere but haven't been able to find it through the search.

Last edited:
Thanks, Gary.

I’m mainly hoping that the B14Ts will be available soon enough that they can be contest-approved by NAR for this year’s NARAM. If available they would be the best choice for one of the events.
Please remind me of the availability deadline for NARAM contest certification. May 5th?

I don't know myself. @Johnly ?

Added: John doesn't have a date either. I have queried the contest board chairman.
I was guessing 90 days before the first day of competition. 60 days would be better. But you would think that if they were available to all flyers at the time and location of the contest, that would be sufficient.

Gary:

A humble product request.

I fly a lot of BT-60 sized rockets in several local fields. The fields are not real big, with trees around most sides. It's what I have to deal with, without traveling 4 hours to a larger launch site.

D sized motors are OK, but still sort of in the "ho-hum" catagory for these rockets. But a full E will risk overflying the fields. The total impulse of the E26 would be just perfect, except that only gives me 35-40-ish launch rod speed. I get better rod speed with either the D22 or 24/40 D15.

Request: Stuff some Blue Thunder in the E26 case. I'm sure the nozzle would be a total re-think, but it would be worth it. E26 altitude, with Blue Thunder attitude.

Hans.

Gary:

A humble product request.

I fly a lot of BT-60 sized rockets in several local fields. The fields are not real big, with trees around most sides. It's what I have to deal with, without traveling 4 hours to a larger launch site.

D sized motors are OK, but still sort of in the "ho-hum" catagory for these rockets. But a full E will risk overflying the fields. The total impulse of the E26 would be just perfect, except that only gives me 35-40-ish launch rod speed. I get better rod speed with either the D22 or 24/40 D15.

Request: Stuff some Blue Thunder in the E26 case. I'm sure the nozzle would be a total re-think, but it would be worth it. E26 altitude, with Blue Thunder attitude.

Hans.
Thanks for the suggestion. This would be doable with our new phenolic nozzle inserts.

They are now certified. I’ll post copies of the cert data soon.
Great!

So......when can I buy some so I can do some instrumented flights? :)

I'm bouncing back and forth between theNAR Contest Board and NAR S&T trying to get the answer to your question about contest approval and any deadlines involved. I'll let you know when I get an actionable answer....

Of the two burns in the M2700W TMT cert document, which is closer to an average burn? I remember an earlier test putting out around 10300Ns, so I'm guessing we should use the 10600Ns one, right? Surprised they performed so differently.

By the way, it looks like that motor atop an O5500 could crack 100km... and Mach 5.

Latest posts

Back