ARG - Skyprobe Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stardust

Reaction score
"Skyprobe" by a Canadian Co. Advance Rocketry Group.

I wanted this kit to test altimeters and burn up motors I have for this size range. This model is reminiscent of the Centuri Hustler, only a lot stronger. Hard wood 1/8" ply fins. I coated the fins with .5oz. glass/Aeropoxy. Nosecone and transition are cast from resin with light weight fillers in the resin. I thinned and trimmed the shoulders of each to cut some weight. I did not use a stand-off for the lug, rather placed it on the tail fin. A 29mm. motor retainer on the motor tube. Vent holes in the payload section. An electrical terminal on the base of the transition. I saturated/sanded the inside/outside of the BT and the motor tube with Bob Smith Industries brand super thin cyanoacrylate adhesive. The saturating strengthens and waterproofs the tubes. The rocket was primed with krylon white primer and sanded. The fluorescent orange is Pactra brand, and the black and white are Krylon. The clear-coat is acrylic floor finish wiped on with a paper towel .

Length is 42"

BT 1.75"D.

Payload 2.25"D.

Fin span 11.5"

Weight dry 1lb. 1.6oz.

Rocksim appox. on a G79W-10 2960'

skyprobe 002.jpg

ARG Skyprob 006.jpg

ARG Skyprob 004.jpg

ARG Skyprob 005.jpg

ARG Skyprob 007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks good. (Actually the design looks a lot like the Centuri Lil Hustler.)

Welcome to the Advanced Rocketry Group (ARG) Skyprobe Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the ARG Skyprobe and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Advanced Rocketry Group (ARG): Skyprobe

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works.

Last edited:
ARG Skyprobe Basic Information.

arg.gif
Advanced Rocketry Group (ARG)

Skyprobe

NUMBER

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Payload
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 42"
Diameter: 2.25"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: The heavy lift payload carrier rocket with a 2.26" diameter payload section. (ARG 2009 Web Ad)

arg-skyprobe-2009%20web%20livery.jpg
ARG 2009 Web Ad

First post in this thread featuring this rocket
See Also: LINKS

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back