Post A Pic That Makes You Go "NO! NO!! NO!!!"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pri GIF

I have the fuel… can you supply the thrower.
That I missed out on buying a flamethrower from Elon Musk is one of my regrets in life.

I never tried it, but I realized at some point in my childhood that I could easily make a flamethrower with nothing more than a super soaker, a propane torch, some duct tape, and a can of acetone or some other flammable liquid for fuel. The trick might be attaching the torch in such a way that it doesn't interfere with pumping the super soaker.

I never tried it, but I realized at some point in my childhood that I could easily make a flamethrower with nothing more than a super soaker, a propane torch, some duct tape, and a can of acetone or some other flammable liquid for fuel. The trick might be attaching the torch in such a way that it doesn't interfere with pumping the super soaker.
An engineer to the core it seems…

I'll save the ketchup for the hashbrowns... My French toast deserves peanut butter, chocolate chips, bacon, and maple syrup.

However, I won't hesitate to put ketchup on fried chicken.
When my wife and I went on our first cruise I had French toast covered in fruit-loops!

That I missed out on buying a flamethrower from Elon Musk is one of my regrets in life.

Idk... I grew up unsupervised with an older brother who loved playing with fire (in our apartment lol) and I learned a LOT.

The idea of a toy with a plastic pressurized tank holding flammable fluid with a live flame going doesn't sound "safe" and would be a "NO, NO, NO" even in my book. 😆

we used to tape down the 'button' an a disposable / BIC lighter & light it. Then watch it burn itself to destruction.. (you can get some pretty neat flames shooting out of it, then the flint goes, then the spring lets lose!!)

Cool then, stupid now..

Post A Pic That Makes You Go "NO! NO!! NO!!!

I'm having a laugh reading through these and thought... none of us see anything wrong with this pic and say Go, Go, Go!

Attachments

• 20230708_140938.jpg
    20230708_140938.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
we used to tape down the 'button' an a disposable / BIC lighter & light it. Then watch it burn itself to destruction.. (you can get some pretty neat flames shooting out of it, then the flint goes, then the spring lets lose!!)

Cool then, stupid now..
I once burned a metal cartridge pen ink refill (Schaffer?) on the stove and the tip shot out leaving a tiny trail of smoke!

Wife is still mad that it almost hit her. 😅

(Just kidding, it was back with my brother growing up free-range lol)

Cool then, stupid now..
I threw a Bic into the exhaust stack of a tractor once. The explosion was quite impressive.

Back