3D Printing NEW Modular 4” Sled design

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I am designing a new sled design. I plan to have inserts to be able to swap out altimeters. The two inserts shown are for the RRC2+ and RRC3.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 11.47.04 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 11.47.04 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
I have made it thicker to route wiring and added a place on the edge for a Fingertech switch on both sides.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 11.47.22 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 11.47.22 AM.png
    298.6 KB · Views: 0
I am designing a modular AV bay with inserts to swap altimeters.

So far, it used fingertech switches. I have an insert for RRC2+, RRC3, PF SL100, and SL CF.

Any other altimeters that you suggest?

So far, it used fingertech switches. I have an insert for RRC2+, RRC3, PF SL100, and SL CF.

Eggtimer Quaser, Quantum, Quark would be what I'd be looking for. I need to put together a 4" ebay and have a Quasar and Quark with fingertech switches on hand.

cheers - mark

I will
Eggtimer Quaser, Quantum, Quark would be what I'd be looking for. I need to put together a 4" ebay and have a Quasar and Quark with fingertech switches on hand.

cheers - mark
I have several but have yet to fly one. How large are the screw holes?

I have several but have yet to fly one. How large are the screw holes?

I haven't flown a Quasar yet either. Got two built and ready to be installed and another two on the way. I'll measure the holes later and get back to you.

I haven't turned my printer on in about a year, but I'll give this a try if you share the files after you finish up.

cheers - mark

At 4" and above, you can easily fit everything on a flat plate. It's the smaller diameters that really benefit from the geometry manipulation of 3D printing.
I am working on this for BT50 and above using the Telemetrum EasyMini. BT60 completed, but not flown. Altimeter, battery and screw switch on a relocatable platform.

How about some photos of what you're doing?

First image:

The side of the design shows the slot for the FingerTech switch. The groove is for the wires.

Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 6.56.02 PM.png

Next week, I will be printing the main sled and fitting my parts to it.

I am just struggling with finding a drawing with deminsions and screw sizes for the Eggtimer altimeter. Does this exist?

Back