Estes buy one get one 1/2 off

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, trying to decide weather I should take advantage of this or not...

Earlier today the shopping cart was giving 50% off any number of rockets after the 1st.

They fixed that now...

I think they need to pay more for a more experienced ecommerce manager...

Earlier today the shopping cart was giving 50% off any number of rockets after the 1st.

They fixed that now...

I think they need to pay more for a more experienced ecommerce manager...
At least they resolved the coupon stacking bug a few months ago where you could apply multiple percent codes simultaneously and each of them would take their percent from the original amount.

Thought about getting a Ventris for half off, couldn't make it work because I already have all the Saturns etc.

Yeah... saw that too.. so... I bought the Argent and Ventris, with a accompanying F15-4 bulk pack to fly them on! I was hoping to get the motors and the Argent at 1/2 off.. but no go! So.. I added the Ventris, cause it uses the same motors! 😅

I tried to put the Pro Series ll in my cart along with another and nothing had shown up on 50% off on one. Am I doing something wrong? I looked at the instructions on these rockets and they show gluing in the motor mount as always but what is better epoxy or wood glue. I have read paper on paper wood glue is better than epoxy. Need a little help here on opinions! Thanks

I tried to put the Pro Series ll in my cart along with another and nothing had shown up on 50% off on one. Am I doing something wrong? I looked at the instructions on these rockets and they show gluing in the motor mount as always but what is better epoxy or wood glue. I have read paper on paper wood glue is better than epoxy. Need a little help here on opinions! Thanks
I don't think the sale is still in effect.

Wood glue works really well on wood and paper. It’s strong and flexible, making it ideal for wood and paper motor mounts. The glue dissipates a lot of the stresses exerted by the engine. Epoxy is typically only used when using materials such as fiberglass and carbon fiber, or for fin fillets.
I don't think the sale is still in effect.
It’s not. It was intended to be last Friday only.

Pity, as they don't really have anything in their catalog this year that I want to have.

Yes - I was also unable to see any 50% off anything I placed in the cart during the sale also. No discount code given, and it didn't appear to automatically give the 50% off. Very disappointed as I was prepared to purchase multiple items. Estes needs to do a better job at this.

Yes - I was also unable to see any 50% off anything I placed in the cart during the sale also. No discount code given, and it didn't appear to automatically give the 50% off. Very disappointed as I was prepared to purchase multiple items. Estes needs to do a better job at this.
Maybe it expired, it worked automatically for me. I just added two Der Big Red Max and the price for the second one changed automatically.

Yeah... saw that too.. so... I bought the Argent and Ventris, with a accompanying F15-4 bulk pack to fly them on! I was hoping to get the motors and the Argent at 1/2 off.. but no go! So.. I added the Ventris, cause it uses the same motors! 😅
Well bummer, kinda. I received a message from Customer Support, the inventory was wrong, they had sold out of the Ventris. They did refund the full price of the Ventris and then gave me the 50% off the Argent! So, in the end, I did purchase the motor bulk pack and got the rocket at 50% off. Bummer, the Ventris was kinda growing on me! Maybe it was a good thing, I have too many kits stacking up! o_O I am afraid to count... 😁

Well bummer, kinda. I received a message from Customer Support, the inventory was wrong, they had sold out of the Ventris. They did refund the full price of the Ventris and then gave me the 50% off the Argent! So, in the end, I did purchase the motor bulk pack and got the rocket at 50% off. Bummer, the Ventris was kinda growing on me! Maybe it was a good thing, I have too many kits stacking up! o_O I am afraid to count... 😁
I wonder if it's cloneable with the PSII parts they have available individually.

I was surprised it sold out; seemed like they were going slow. Glad I was able to get one. I love the design; reminds me of the Semroc SLS Hustler in size and function. I assume they're both inspired by the Centuri Hustler.

Go to Hobbylink. They have the Ventris for $73.00. I ordered one two days ago.

Go to Hobbylink. They have the Ventris for $73.00. I ordered one two days ago.
Thanks! That's the second time I think I have seen Hobbylink having really good prices on some items. 🤔 I think I will hold off for a moment. I have 4 kits that arrived or arriving this week. and as I mentioned, a pile I haven't even started. I think I can hold off for the moment. I really only added it because of the Estes frenzy of getting something at 1/2 off. 🤣 I need to figure out how to get a display hook like the stores have to keep the new items hanging up on the wall, so I can shop my OWN items now and again. My fear now is that I will forget I have a specific kit and see it on sale somewhere and end up buying it again! :eek: But admittedly, I go looking through the pile and get excited when I find one I forgot about!

Does anyone keep like a spreadsheet of their projects? With updates of something like completed/opened/started/New in bag?

Thanks! That's the second time I think I have seen Hobbylink having really good prices on some items. 🤔 I think I will hold off for a moment. I have 4 kits that arrived or arriving this week. and as I mentioned, a pile I haven't even started. I think I can hold off for the moment. I really only added it because of the Estes frenzy of getting something at 1/2 off. 🤣 I need to figure out how to get a display hook like the stores have to keep the new items hanging up on the wall, so I can shop my OWN items now and again. My fear now is that I will forget I have a specific kit and see it on sale somewhere and end up buying it again! :eek: But admittedly, I go looking through the pile and get excited when I find one I forgot about!

Does anyone keep like a spreadsheet of their projects? With updates of something like completed/opened/started/New in bag?
I made a mistake. Hobbylink has the Estes Pro Series ll Ventris for $63.00 and I bought one with S&H it came out around $76.00

Back