Aerotech UDDT Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tg08

Reaction score
What's up, I've got another question. I'm about to use the Aerotech UDDT for DMS motors soon, and I was wondering how to take off odd amounts of delay. My motor requires a 7 second delay, from the original 14. So I need to take off 7 seconds, but what would be the best way to do this? I was thinking to buy a 1/32 inch diameter washer, but I can't find one that has the same dimensions as the original that came with the UDDT. If anyone has advice, it would be appreciated.

You might be able to find some stiff plastic (maybe from packaging?) that is about the right thickness and cut a washer from that. Also, keep in mind that according to the certification rules ejection delays can vary by up to 20%, so, even if you drill it perfectly it may be off by a second.

I made some 1-second spacers from a hotel room key. Right at 1/32” thick. Satisfies the need to set your delay to a 1-sec tolerance for those anal folks (me included).

I made some 1-second spacers from a hotel room key. Right at 1/32” thick. Satisfies the need to set your delay to a 1-sec tolerance for those anal folks (me included).

You do mean a Key card, not an actual brass key. Usually the metal ones are thicker (0.065"?).

Back