You might be a child in the 70s if:

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Abba in general, I can take or leave. Dancing Queen drives me up a wall.
My response when I hear Abba:

pri GIF

Following its release to Australia, ABBAs Fernando was top of the Top 40 for over 40 weeks. We had a TV show called Countdown that used to play the #1 song at the end each week. After about 10 weeks the producers decided to play another song. Complaint calls were swift and many, and we heard Fernando until it eventually fell from the top spot.

Following its release to Australia, ABBAs Fernando was top of the Top 40 for over 40 weeks. We had a TV show called Countdown that used to play the #1 song at the end each week. After about 10 weeks the producers decided to play another song. Complaint calls were swift and many, and we heard Fernando until it eventually fell from the top spot.

For us, it was In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida...
Someone was always playing it in the barracks... loud.
I'm OK... now.

1713910857345.jpeg

Now the corus to Fernando is playin' in my head. I will have to dig up Dancing Queen to drown it out 😂

Here I sit,
Broken Hearted.
Paid a dime
And only farted.

(For you young'uns, would you believe that in some places you had to pay to use the toilet?)
Yep, I learned about those coin locks from a YouTube channel called LockPickingLawyer, and watched him pick one open.

Apparently one reason they went away was because it was considered sex discrimination - Men didn't always need the stall.

Guess I'm an outlier. I enjoyed (still do) ABBA from college days. Say what you want but they were a heckuvalot better than 98% of today's music. Absolutely NOT FUN fact: the brunette, Anni-Frid Lyngstad, was a Tyskerbarnas or German child, the result of German Lebensborn. They wanted pure Aryan children, so Norwegian (and other) women were forced into relationships with Germans, to produce such.

Back