Wildman 5" Jayhawk Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on get to the 3d printed part already:)
Ha, its coming I swear! Once the motor mount is in, there will be opportunity to get the rail guide holes drilled and tapped, then flip it over and get the wiring tube going. I figured its going to a lot easier dealing with those areas between the wings before they are installed.

Thanks again to you, @rocketgeek101, and @ChuckH for the assist!

Fiberglass over the 3d printed part only, or maybe throw a layer or two of glass over the entire wiring tube run?

Ha, its coming I swear! Once the motor mount is in, there will be opportunity to get the rail guide holes drilled and tapped, then flip it over and get the wiring tube going. I figured its going to a lot easier dealing with those areas between the wings before they are installed.

Thanks again to you, @rocketgeek101, and @ChuckH for the assist!

Fiberglass over the 3d printed part only, or maybe throw a layer or two of glass over the entire wiring tube run?

I put a layer of laminating epoxy on my 3d printed camera mounts. Much easier to sand and get nice and smooth as it covers the layer lines nicely.

I think that was my thought as well. I have a air powered cut-off tool with 3” fiber discs that will work perfectly.
I used a standard fiberglass cut off wheel with a mototool and it made fast work of it.

Debut these at Mini MWP 2024? :)

Back