What rocket is this?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocSeuss

Reaction score
1714898184729.jpeg

Was in Kansas City a while ago, saw this rocket in a hobby shop as I was passing through town. Just wondering if anyone could ID what it might be, forgot to ask while I was there. I think it looks kinda nice.

I found this shortly after posting but was trying to figure out what nose cone that would be before I got distracted by breakfast. Seems pretty doable otherwise? I do have a 4 inch ace nose cone I could use if I can't find whatever the real nose is supposed to be.
No, it has to be 3.998". :D:D:D
That actually sound like a winner. Buzz Nau is the THOY guru. He would know for certain.

No, it has to be 3.998". :D:D:D
That actually sound like a winner. Buzz Nau is the THOY guru. He would know for certain.
Then I might as well ask my other THOY question, which is: any plans for the Brutus out there? If I can get the nose cones figured out and the fin patterns, I can probably get them both made.

Then I might as well ask my other THOY question, which is: any plans for the Brutus out there? If I can get the nose cones figured out and the fin patterns, I can probably get them both made.

Message Mike Fisher, the Brutus was his design.

Edit: that was a Rocket R+D design I believe

Message Mike Fisher, the Brutus was his design.

Edit: that was a Rocket R+D design I believe
Oh, interesting. I saw a picture of the Brutus mentioned in a THOY catalog so I thought it was a THOY kit. Searching a bit more, I found a post on TRF by "scottydog1" which I think is Scott Binder saying he designed it for Rocket R&D (cause of the mention of the Excel and Horizon).

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/rocket-r-d-brutus-gallery.33069/post-569756

Seems to me that a bunch of THOY plans reside in the NAR website. I printed off a bunch of them, but I'm not sure where on the site. Files section, possibly?

Blast from the past that I would love to see sure again.

Seems to me that a bunch of THOY plans reside in the NAR website. I printed off a bunch of them, but I'm not sure where on the site. Files section, possibly?
I can't access them yet, I am holding off on joining NAR until a bit later this year.

Back