What are you drinking right now?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water. I gotta start a liquid prep for a C.T. Urogram on Tuesday then jump into a bowel prep for a colonoscopy on Friday.
And THEN a cystoscopy next Monday. Both are routine followups. Will be a 9 year survivor of prostate cancer in December. Had surgery to
remove the prostate. A little cancer leaked out unknown before surgery and was localized with specialized scanning thereafter when the PSA didn't go down. Got blasted with pelvic radiation and two years of Lupron therapy (hot flashes from hell). Disease free but need to surveil for colon cancer and the pelvic radiation puts one/me at risk for bladder cancer too.
The colon scope I'll be knocked out for but I've had cysto's under local just fine and I like to watch the progress on the T.V. screen. Used to M.D. for a living so I know what to expect. It's so cool. My bladder insides are radically abnormal looking (to me) with mucosal atrophy and a bunch of varicose veins. I think the varicose veins are where the microscopic red blood cells are leaking from in the urine as the last scope I had was nominal even though the bladder looked like #ell to me. No tumors seen then.
The docs couldn't coordinate to do it "all at once" so I gotta go on two separate days. The curse of living in the country.
If I didn't take the route I took with this early on, I'd either be dead by now or one foot in the grave. Just gotta do the appropriate surveillance over time for the possible complications. Have no regrets.

Water. I gotta start a liquid prep for a C.T. Urogram on Tuesday then jump into a bowel prep for a colonoscopy on Friday.
And THEN a cystoscopy next Monday. Both are routine followups. Will be a 9 year survivor of prostate cancer in December. Had surgery to
remove the prostate. A little cancer leaked out unknown before surgery and was localized with specialized scanning thereafter when the PSA didn't go down. Got blasted with pelvic radiation and two years of Lupron therapy (hot flashes from hell). Disease free but need to surveil for colon cancer and the pelvic radiation puts one/me at risk for bladder cancer too.
The colon scope I'll be knocked out for but I've had cysto's under local just fine and I like to watch the progress on the T.V. screen. Used to M.D. for a living so I know what to expect. It's so cool. My bladder insides are radically abnormal looking (to me) with mucosal atrophy and a bunch of varicose veins. I think the varicose veins are where the microscopic red blood cells are leaking from in the urine as the last scope I had was nominal even though the bladder looked like #ell to me. No tumors seen then.
The docs couldn't coordinate to do it "all at once" so I gotta go on two separate days. The curse of living in the country.
If I didn't take the route I took with this early on, I'd either be dead by now or one foot in the grave. Just gotta do the appropriate surveillance over time for the possible complications. Have no regrets.
WOW......just wow :eek:

Back