Two WWII-themed rockets (finally) finished

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
I finally got a couple out of my build queue. First is a K&S Rockets upscale (1.64" version) Blue Bird Zero with its traditional paint scheme. Nice quality components and I love the modular av-bay design. This one will be flown drogueless controlled by an RRC2 mini.

5998030234_76659df86f_b.jpg

Second is the Baddazz Rocketry Das Blitzzkrieg (with not quite all screws tightened down). An interesting design with PVC airframe and tons of machined aluminum parts. Av-bay comes set up with redundant charge carriers, although I will likely fly with only one alt. All decals on both rockets supplied by Stickershock.

5997477223_6e40396b62_b.jpg

Last edited:
They both look great. May I copy them to the gallery?

Did not use plastic av-sled provided in the Das Blitzzkreig kit as it didn't really span the spacing of the all-thread in the bay so I built my own (first two pics). Third pic is standard K&S Rocketry Blue Bird Zero modular bay with altimeter, switch and battery installed.

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

Looks like I need to re-think my paint for my Blitz. I had the same red and black paint scheme in mind.

Back