Sunward SkyBender .... Or Is It?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jms

Reaction score
So I finished the Sunward Skybender about a week and a half ago, and in the midst of writing a review/build, it kept occurring over and over that this thing really reminds me of Sauron's mace (or is it a mace to be precise?) that he wields in the opening and epic battle in Lord of the Rings. This is also why I painted the SkyBender jet black end to end. I can just picture me sleepwalking some night flipping the SkyBender upside down and acting out that battle scene in my sleep....

You be the judge!

LOTRGGSMB.jpg

IMG_0329_scaled.jpg

In all reality, I may have to design a bird that looks really close to that weapon....

It looks like we have the makings of a new SkyBender gallery. May I copy the original post?

That`s a wild looking kit, nice one ! I need to build faster ,cause there are so many cool kits out there that I want ,but cannot until I get my remaining rocket stash hacked down.

So many kits ,so many kits......

You have more pics of your build ?

Paul T

Yeah it's one of those kits where it ends up totally different when you're done than what you think it's going to be.

I have lots of build pictures, and I'm in the midst of a full review. Once I get them all compiled and the review finished I'll post them on my site, and link from this thread.

The only downfall was I did a single launch of it so far, no altimeter on it, and no launch pictures :( However, it flew amazingly well, all three motors lit (using Estes ignitors, and 3 x C6-5's with an Aerotech Interlock from a car battery) and you get three very nice bursts of flames as she roars off the pad.

Can we say upscale?

Back