RockSim won't Open in Win10

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhlAsh

Reaction score
RockSim has stopped working for me in Win10. A file called WerFault.exe fires (according to Task Manager) and then stops. No error message or anything.

RockSim has stopped working for me in Win10. A file called WerFault.exe fires (according to Task Manager) and then stops. No error message or anything.
werfault.exe is the app that Microsoft uses to report problems back to it. That program should only have executed because of a fault in Rocksim now. The question is, when did rocksim last work and what Microsoft upgrades and/or programs have you installed since. You may try rolling back to a previous update to see if that resolves the problem.

In the run box type winver and enter. What windows version are you running. It is likely 1709 or 1803. Tell me that and I will see if I can help.

1803. I uninstalled Adobe Flash and the Win KB4343909 security update. The only other thing to install since last good use was the MSOffice security update.

1803. I uninstalled Adobe Flash and the Win KB4343909 security update. The only other thing to install since last good use was the MSOffice security update.

I am running 1803 and Rocksim works fine.

Let me think on this a bit

I am running 1803 and Rocksim works fine.

Let me think on this a bit

There is no general error with 1803 regarding Rocksim. All the machines I run use that version and Rocksim is fine too.
The July 2018 update to windows introduced a number of bugs. One of them is related to the .NET framework which rocksim uses. I would suggest running windows update to get any bug fixes that have come along and that may resolve the problem (can't make it any worse...). The only other thing would be to roll back to 1709.

Phlash, I just went through the same error on my PC with Windows 7. Rocksim just quit working for some reason.
Same message and would not even open the program. I just downloaded and installed it again with my license code from Apogee and it works again.......... Funny only thing different from the last time the program worked was Mcafee Antivirus software install.

Phlash, I just went through the same error on my PC with Windows 7. Rocksim just quit working for some reason.
Same message and would not even open the program. I just downloaded and installed it again with my license code from Apogee and it works again.......... Funny only thing different from the last time the program worked was Mcafee Antivirus software install.

Great solution! When in doubt refresh the program...

I would wholeheartedly look at the Antivirus/anti malware software you are running. Most of them work now on a program reputation type of scheme. If the software does not know what Rocksim is the AV could stop it from executing. Usually you can add the file as an exception, and then it will work.

I would wholeheartedly look at the Antivirus/anti malware software you are running. Most of them work now on a program reputation type of scheme. If the software does not know what Rocksim is the AV could stop it from executing. Usually you can add the file as an exception, and then it will work.

I'll give that a look and, failing that, give Glasspack's solution a shot...

Back