Retro Scratch Builds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnNGA

Reaction score
Hi...
New to this forum, but been launching since 62. Pics of two scratch builds, My version of the Rock-a-Chute Mark 1, flies great on A3-4t. The other is a John Shutz/Vern Estes glider (1961). After getting the trim right it boosts and glides great. Also a clone of original Electro Launch.... John

electro launch 003.jpg

006.jpg

Hi...
New to this forum, but been launching since 62. Pics of two scratch builds, My version of the Rock-a-Chute Mark 1, flies great on A3-4t. The other is a John Shutz/Vern Estes glider (1961). After getting the trim right it boosts and glides great. Also a clone of original Electro Launch.... John

Cool little rockets! :wink:

I scratch built one like your one in the second picture... 30'' tall and flies on C6-5s.

Also, Welcome, hope you post more too! :D

Hi...

I enjoyed seeing those.

I'd sure appreciate your permission to copy the Rock-a-Chute into the gallery.

May I?

Ah yes, someone who appreciates the classics. Very nice!!! :cool:

[POW]Eagle159;250873 said:
Cool little rockets! :wink:

I scratch built one like your one in the second picture... 30'' tall and flies on C6-5s.

Also, Welcome, hope you post more too! :D

Thanks..Pics of the 'C' powered RockaChute?

Last edited:
Ah yes, someone who appreciates the classics. Very nice!!! :cool:

Thanks..Spent many hours looking through the Estes/Centuri catalogs. I have tried to recreate some of the 'old' stuff. Will post others.

Hi...

These are FANTASTIC!!! :clap:

Back