Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1715739529821.png

From SK Autocare FB page:
"If you know what this is,
Chances are you’re
Over the Hill"…
😎
🤣

(My fathers' Valiant had one on the floorboard. Now I feel old.)

View attachment 645393

Chances are you’re
Over the Hill"…
😎
🤣

Absolutely. My 1st 2 cars had that. I much prefer it to the column mounted switch.

Hans.

View attachment 645393

Chances are you’re
Over the Hill"…
😎
🤣

When I was an early teenager, I had already bought my first car and was rebuilding it so I would have a cool car once I could drive. We didn't have enough room in the garage to do body work, but my brother's friend did, so we hauled the car to his dad's shop. Steve told me to go in and move the Ford, an old grey truck, guessing late 30's, but could be later, don't know for sure.

I got in and went to start it and couldn't. It had a foot pedal than made you the starter solenoid, basically. You had to push the starter in and then a contact hit and spun the starter. To this day, I'd love to see that or similar truck again.

Also, my car did have the foot button highbeam switch.

Way funnier than the stupid "holding it up" pictures.

Real talk though, for some of those artifacts, the British taking them may be the only reason they weren't eventually destroyed, given the unstable regions where they came from.

Real talk though, for some of those artifacts, the British taking them may be the only reason they weren't eventually destroyed, given the unstable regions where they came from.

Indy: "Belloq, that belongs in a Museum"

Bellog: "It belongs to ME Mr. Jones..."

IF I Recall correctly, even longer ago that would be the "Starter Switch" not the Brights ?
I guess what everything old is new again. Sort of.
1715774853423.png

Funny, and no funnier than the holding up joke was the first time. That could get just as old just as fast if people keep doing it. Let's hope they don't.

Back