Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to stop taking memes so literally.

Why?

Around here tailgating is a serious problem. I've had the back-end of my car smashed in by tailgater's three times in the last four years, by people doing that, even without me break checking them. And yes, I was driving within a click or two of the speed limit.

Too many idiots think the speed limit laws (or other rules of the road) don't apply to them. But physics is physics, even for those idiots who smash up my car.

If you are getting break checked so often that you need this, maybe it's you, not them. Stop tailgating the guy in front of you. You are breaking the law and you are not going to get where you are going any faster.

Tailgating is also a form of bullying. Stop being a bully!
If the guy is doing 40 in a 55, as happens to me way too often, it's definitely them.

If the guy is doing 40 in a 55, as happens to me way too often, it's definitely them.

Around here, none of the roads or highways have any minimum speed limits, except the interstates. So if a guy wants to drive 40 in a 55 zone, he can. There may even be a legitimate reason for him doing so. You don't get a say in the matter. You don't get to tailgate him because you in a hurry. Go around him or BACK THE H3!! OFF! Him driving under the speed limit isn't illegal, but your tailgating him IS.

And (this is more likely) if you're tailgating him because you're actually going over the 55 limit, you're breaking that law also. That's two on you!

Around here, none of the roads or highways have any minimum speed limits, except the interstates. So if a guy wants to drive 40 in a 55 zone, he can. There may even be a legitimate reason for him doing so. You don't get a say in the matter. You don't get to tailgate him because you in a hurry. Go around him or BACK THE H3!! OFF! Him driving under the speed limit isn't illegal, but your tailgating him IS.

And (this is more likely) if you're tailgating him because you're actually going over the 55 limit, you're breaking that law also. That's two on you!
Don't judge me until you have spent a month or so driving daily in my area with no highways, dominated by two-lane roads where you often can't pass, during tourist season with a bunch of dimwitted out-of-staters driving around sightseeing.

Don't judge me until you have spent a month or so driving daily in my area with no highways, dominated by two-lane roads where you often can't pass, during tourist season with a bunch of dimwitted out-of-staters driving around sightseeing.
If you are tailgating or speeding, or both, I don't have to judge you. Breaking the law is breaking the law. "I can't drive as fast as I want to because someone is in my way" is NOT a valid excuse.

The Last Thing I'm Going To Say On This Subject.

That’s hysterical, and I never noticed.

View attachment 638098

Your tub is cleaner than mine.
Believe it or not, it makes sense. Mere vegetarians stop at not eating meat. Vegans go beyond food, and refuse any product made from any animal substance or touched by any animal, or glanced at by any animal. Soap is traditionally made from rendered animal fats, so vegans must avoid it and use only soap made from vegetable fats, or soap substitutes not made from any biological product at all.

You mean the little photos with quick-hit one liners that are basically the next generation political cartoons? Those? Yeah go ahead and take those as seriously as possible and be as offended as you can be. Have fun with that and you do you.

In Idaho it is illegal to hold up 3 cars IIRC, could be 5. You have to pull over and let the cars go by. In Nevada if your not going over the limit your not keeping up. The police won't even look at you unless you are doing more than 10 over. The favorite past time in Pahrump is to pull out in front of you without enough time for the approaching car to slow down and then they drive 10 under the speed limit. I've slid up behind people, I've had to go around people in the left turn lane and the shoulder or hit them. The place it happens the most to me is when I'm on a road that has a 55mph limit. The guy at the stop sign waits until I'm a hundred yards away and then pulls out. I always go 55 near that intersection. I expect someone to pull out in front of me every time. I'm surprised when they don't. I have a dash cam because one of these days there is going to be an accident and I want proof of what happened so I can sue the pants off the guy who caused the accident. The second most popular thing here is to run stop signs. In the last 5 or 6 years there have been at least 3 fatal accidents at the intersection of the road I drive on to the highway because someone ran the stop sign. I now this isn't funny. Rant over.

We have a local pool near our house, The people come out of the aquatic center, loaded up on endorphins from their swim session, and just pull straight out of the give-way in front of oncoming traffic. Luckily only a 50kph limit in that street.

Back