POSTPONED MTMA 25th Anniversary Launch; May 11th (July 13th) Aurora, OH

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tractionengines

Jack of all trades, Master of... (oh never mind)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The Mantua Township Missile Agency (MTMA) NAR Section #606 is having a 25th anniversary launch on May 11, 2024. Please sign up for our message list and let us know if you will attend. (Send me a PM if you don't want to get on the message list.) The message list IS the best way to get go / no-go information, and stay up to date on other launches. (So far this year every launch has been canceled do to some form of weather issues. Let's hope for a good weekend.)

https://mtma.groups.io/g/public/topics

Launch will be located at the Harmon Flying Field in Aurora, OH. (Limited field size, and limited to LPR/MPR. NO-HI-POWER flights.)

If you have any questions, message in this thread, post to our message list, or send me a PM.

Flyer.jpg

Also attached to this message is the rules for the contests. Check for any updates on the message list.

This thread has links to the club web site, message list, membership application, and list of regular launch updates. https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/mtma-nar-606-info-and-2024-schedule-aurora-oh.185171/

Attachments

• Rules.pdf
    80.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
NO-GO for the 25 Anniversary Launch is weekend and change of Rain Date.

We want this to be a fun and enjoyable launch for those who can make it. This weekend is to be low 60s, with 60% chance of rain, and gusty winds at times. So we are making the call early to postpone the event in the hopes of better weather.

The original rain date on the Advertisement Flyer as June 8th does not work due to scheduling. We are postponing the 25th Anniversary Launch to July 13, 2024.

[ Note our next "regular" launch will be May 25th, if we can get a break, and get a good weekend. ]

Glad we postponed this earlier, based on expected conditions.

I'm at a youth baseball game...Right now it's 49°F, winds are blowing, and image shows the current radar. It's going to get even worse...

20240511_084957.jpg

Back