motors & hardware

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Soto

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
well... you could spend a month researching the different motors and hardware for rocketry... which is what i have been doing for the past 4 or 5 days. Aero-Tech, Cesaroni , Loki, .... (etc) .. the list is large as you all know.

i really like the CTI motors and hardware.. this said when looking at the Cesaroni website/dealers page... foreach listed dealer (and i visited them all) only a few motors could be purchased. even the biggies do not have any CTI motors.. like Apogee, Wildman.. This said i did find an outfitter with a large assortment of motors. (more on that later)

So, i decided to rock with AeroTech (AT) hardware.. which i bought used. i found that AT motors and hardware are readily available (which you would expect), and CTI not at all. I went with the 38mm 360, 720 cases, 38mm reload adapter system, and a aeropack 38 to 54mm adapter. As for the CTI motors... i'll be able to buy the motors, and rent the cti hardware for a nominal fee. (so now i'm not paying 51 dollars hazmat fee's..) so lump the hazmat fees with buying the CTI hardware and it's gettin' kind of expensive. Hear me out... my thoughts on this... so i bought the AT hardware and have that ready to go, purchase CTI motors and rent the hardware for the day.. no matter what this'll be a savings on motors.. Then i'll go to balsamachining and pre-order motors which will take 4 months to arrive... but saving 25%.. AND if i need motors.. i can always go to balsamachining and 'buy'..

r

CTI has essentially stopped producing most hobby/HPR motors while concentrating on their lucrative commercial side of their business.
Amwprox.com still has a significant inventory of CTI and AT motors.

Back