Motivation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weather stinks, perfect for building rockets, got plenty of projects to work on, want to start yet another project but I have NO motivation.
What do you do for it?
I'm just the opposite. When I have a rocket to build, or one in work, I can think of nothing else. Get up extra early on the weekends and jump on it b4 the kiddos wake up.....

We been there 10 yrs this Jan 2012.What a differents 10 years of landscapping makes.We now have many rock gardens, planted flowering trees,shade tress,bushes, nice lawns,veggie gardens,Blueberry bushes,Black berries, ect. They are spread out all over the place and if I say so myself..it looks AWESOME and is very relaxing to take a stroll around the place now and visit the gardens and such. Anywhoo- thats my other hobby (if ya call it a hobby more like a passion I guess?)besides rockets.

I used to love landscaping, but living in Florida cured me of that....
:p

FLATLANDER :rolleyes:

No, actually I am not, but the land is. That is half the problem. The other half is the heat. Spend an hour in it and you feel like you have been working all day. You northerners don't understand heat.
:eek:

So when you decide you can't handle the winters anymore, I know where you can find a nice house swap in Florida...
;)

No, actually I am not, but the land is. That is half the problem. The other half is the heat. Spend an hour in it and you feel like you have been working all day. You northerners don't understand heat.

So when you decide you can't handle the winters anymore, I know where you can find a nice house swap in Florida...
;)

hehe I'll second that one, I love going to NY every summer... it feels like a FL winter to me:y::eyeroll:

;)
Actually,I spent a few years in FL and a few in AZ. I have been in -35 in NH and 118 in Laughlin Nevada and the 1000 percent humidity in FL. However,I may take your offer on the swap.I ve pretty much had it with winters.Ya,I get a few weekends in of skiing,little snowmobile. The only good thing about winters up here is launching rockets about anywhere I dam well please.All the fields are WIDE OPEN BABY!!!!!!!Of course if we get4'-5'- 6' of snow in the fields, like last year,that puts a damper on things.Ihave an uncle down there.years back when he came up to New England,he would allways bring some rocks back with him.He said they would steal them off his front yard.I guess ya got no stones.

I grew up in Florida and spent most of my active duty years in TX.

I'm tired of the heat...get me to the PNW pronto! I'll gladly take not seeing the sun for 180+ days just to get some relief from the heat...

We've got our retirement plot o' land up in the PNW all laid out...ready to be built on when the kids are outta here!

FC

Actually,I spent a few years in FL and a few in AZ. I have been in -35 in NH and 118 in Laughlin Nevada and the 1000 percent humidity in FL. However,I may take your offer on the swap.I ve pretty much had it with winters.Ya,I get a few weekends in of skiing,little snowmobile. The only good thing about winters up here is launching rockets about anywhere I dam well please.All the fields are WIDE OPEN BABY!!!!!!!Of course if we get4'-5'- 6' of snow in the fields, like last year,that puts a damper on things.

I have an uncle down there.Years back when he came up to New England,he would allways bring some rocks back with him. He said they would steal them off his front yard. I guess ya got no stones.

Thats a major problem with FL, CRIME and VIOLENCE! I couldn't live there anymore, visit yes, live no!

Thats a major problem with FL, CRIME and VIOLENCE! I couldn't live there anymore, visit yes, live no!

Actually, the crime and violence is really not that bad. The problem is that there is absolutely nothing else, so the crime and violence is all you notice.

Hey Harsas,

Really?
Where my wife use to work, 90% of the teachers quit this year!
It's not from the academics! Care to guess why?

Daniel

p.s. How are you doing?

I'm with boomtube--wind advisory--heat advisory, 100+-burn ban---ARGG:y:too hot to fish and I have a stream and a lake on the property. I hate being stuck inside. I do have a pool--hmm-maybe a Polaris build is in my future:eyepop:yeh that's the ticket !

I live in Dallas and launch every week. If you really want to launch rockets you will find a way. :dark:

WWW.DARS.ORG is launching in Frisco on July 16th, they got all the safety equipment needed for a good, fun day. Doesnt
get much simplier than that. Everyone is welcome. They wont send a taxi to your house to pick you up but they go out of
their way for you to have fun.

I have been throwing myself at this for the last week, am now taking a break planning the last half of the build. I have ran out off motivation at the moment but am just thinking about it.

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0013-1.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Harsas,

Really?
Where my wife use to work, 90% of the teachers quit this year!
It's not from the academics! Care to guess why?

Daniel

p.s. How are you doing?

Yeah, well she worked at a particularly rough school. It is not indicative of the entire area. Of course, this place does suck, but for different reasons.

We are all good, more or less, considering the economy. The Lord watches over us always.

I'm glad I left FL!
I miss you.
Good to see you on the forum.

Rocket-man,

Cool build. Get video of the flight!

The weather here is nice and I don't feel like doing much...I want to launch. For me sometimes I just hit wall and then I take a break and slow down on building.

We’ve had absolutely perfect weather for launching these past few days. Though temperatures are in the 100+ range there has been little to no wind.

Want to guess how many rockets I have launched over the long weekend?

None!!!!

We’re still under a burn ban and it looks like we’ll be under it for the duration.

The Rocket Gods are being capricious.

One the other hand I am getting some long overdue chores completed on my model RR layout.

We’ve had absolutely perfect weather for launching these past few days. Though temperatures are in the 100+ range there has been little to no wind.

Want to guess how many rockets I have launched over the long weekend?

None!!!!

We’re still under a burn ban and it looks like we’ll be under it for the duration.

The Rocket Gods are being capricious.

One the other hand I am getting some long overdue chores completed on my model RR layout.
Tell me about it. With like 4 inches of rain TOTAL per year, we're on perminant rocket ban, except for one loaction in San Diego County, and that's only twice a month. Sometimes I would kill to be back in the midwest with tons of open (green) fields......then I remember the bugs, humidity, etc......

Back